Monday, March 3, 2008

17 Days till the Equinox! (That's Spring)

    It looks like I've got the afternoon off, and what better way to spend it than just rambling through some of the things going on here in my little world.  First, March roared in like a Lion.  It was supposed to be a quiet morning weather wise, but I found 3" of snow on my car when I left for work at 6am Saturday.  It snowed till just about noon.  The weather system we were supposed to get yesterday slowed down and isn't doing much of any thing right now.  There was a light rain this morning, and we're supposed to get some sleet and snow(2"to 4") this afternoon and evening.  Then more snow tomorrow night into Wednesday, and small snow "events" for the rest of the week.  That means that March had better shape up and slip mildly out the door on the 31st!

    My work has slowed down.  I've got 2 clients in the hospital and one that moved to another agency as we can't provide the services that she needs.  This will only be temporary(she whispers hopefully).  And if it isn't I'll file for part-time unemployment, to help me through till I have a full schedule again.  Which ought to be about the time the weather starts getting nice and warm and sunny.  When everyone else can afford to take time off to go do fun things.  ::sigh::  Actually, I should have one client returning home this week.  This is one of the hazards of this line of work, not a really dependable workload.

   I do have some things that I'd like to get done while I have all this extra time. It also seems like a fine time to get a headstart on the spring cleaning.  Too cold to open any windows to the fresh air yet, but  Dustbunnies beware!!!  I found some material that will make a nice filmy curtain over the bamboo shades that are up in my one bedroom window.  I still have to create the design for the quilt I want to make for my son.  Yesterday, I had some scrap material squares out on the kitchen table playing around with a few designs-waiting patiently for inspiration to whack me over the head.  It had better hurry, I'm getting itchy fingers.  I also need to reorganize my bookcase before it topples over.  I have a bad habit of just shoving books and magazines at it till it's overflowing and it's definitely at thatstage.

    I'll be taking my car to my mechanic tomorrow.  I don't know how serious the rattling sound coming from the right rear wheel is, but with my luck.....  I thought about looking for another car, but I'm just not ready to give up on this one.  I wouldn't get much on a trade in for it even in good shape, so I may as well drive it for awhile longer, save some money for a down payment.  Then there's a car payment to deal with every month, and changing the insurance coverage.  Not hassles that I'm looking forward to dealing with yet.  She's only got 182,000 miles on her!

    I've got to stop at the market and pick up a few groceries and now that I've mentioned spring cleaning, a few supplies for that.  I may as well go get started accomplishing all these things that I'd like to do with the extra time I have right now.  So...

                               ~Thanks for Stopping By~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make the men in the house chip in for the cleaning supplies!  lol  Yeah... spring is on the horizon... I hope!  Sorry about the work inconsistencies... that must be hard to juggle!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Time for me to get some spring cleaning done, too.  Hope they find out what's wrong with the car and I hope that it isn't too serious or expensive.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Spring can't come soon enough for me!  I enjoy March, because I always expect those last feel snow storms and try to enjoy their beauty, knowing that warmth, sweet scents and robins are right around the corner!

Take care!

Chelle

Anonymous said...

I hope the equinox comes quickly for you and I think maybe you ought to get yourself a new reliable car.  Have a happy day today. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

One thing about Spring cleaning- it's there all year long! Books and magazines make good sculptures if you balance them right! It is beginning to warm up here but I understand about the snow. So far all I can see now that it is melting is ground squirrel damage!  Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Is it really only 17 days 'til spring??? It's 70 degrees here.
Yay! I thought I've been seeing a lot of robins.
I will have to put up the hummingbird feeders in a couple of weeks!
That means I'll have to be buying sugar by the dump truck load!

  have a good day!

                         sunny

Anonymous said...

Urgh, wishing you (and me) No more snow! We can make it 17 days right? I hope your client list picks up.
Until then, have a beautiful weekend~~
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I'm still not ready to embark on a spring cleaning quest!  Still too cold here to summon that extra drive and energy needed!  Good luck to you though, in making good use of your down time!  Maybe it'll inspire me to do something!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

We have had the most horendous storms here in the UK, but it's been so warm........ Weird weather, weird world.
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thank YOU for stopping by. <grin>

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://journals.aol.com/daddyleer/CaregivinglyYours/
http://lairofcachalot.blogspot.com/