Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Been awhile, huh?

     Sorry about the odd color combination, but I'm excited about Spring arriving!  The Vernal Equinox is at 1:48am EDT, March 20, 2008.  FINALLY!!!!!  It's been a long snowy winter here in this northern paradise.  And yes, most of the time it is a paradise.  And yes, I know some think the snow is paradise.  Clear lakes, clean air, forests and wildlife a stones throw away.  Uncongested highways and a pace that you set-slower, laid back or faster, get ahead and get the job done.  No hurricanes to blow the house down, hardly ever a tornado, 95 degrees is a scorcher of a day.  The most miserable weather can usually just be shovelled away-and waited out.  

    So, what have I been doing the last couple of weeks?  Well, my client hours go up and down, my thumbnail is growing, but still needs protected  with a bandaid to keep it from catching on things, the weather has been getting warmer, the snow is melting, critters are climbing out of their winter hideaways, my efforts to eat alittle healthier have resulted in losing a couple of pounds without even trying.  There just really isn't that much going on right now.  I got my suspension fixed-$375.  Still computerless, but hopeful.  I've moved my bedroom furniture around again.  Still struggling to pare down the "stuff" in my possession-can we say phffttt.......?

    Other than that there's not really much to talk about.  I made Corned Beef and Cabbage for my client last night.  I love it, but am not allowed to cook cabbage in the house.   Bro refers to it as toxic waste, so an opportunity to cook it elsewhere and eat to my hearts content......Yummy!!!   I haven't gotten any further on the creative process of designing a quilt for Son.  One of these days it will just pop into my head and I'll be all set.  I could never work in a creative field.  I can't force inspiration, so deadlines would just stress me out.  Even when I write in here, there's not much planning, I just sit down and start writing.  The few stories I've posted have been written in the same basic manner, just cleaned up and copied into here.  

    I'll try to think of something to say and pop in alittle more often....

    Until then....

                                    ~Thanks for Stopping By~ 

   

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!!!  Glad you did update!  Sounds like things are good... just quiet.  Not bad... soon it will truly be spring!  You do live in a wonderful state...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

We do a cabbage, cheese and tomato casserole that's really good and doesn't seem to smell too bad. And I think it's really good.

At least the mud is warmer, but there was snow in the passes over the weekend.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Corned beef and cabbage is yummy!  You make me want to come and visit with all this talk about paradise.  The last pair a dice I saw was in Las Vegas.  I know, silly joke.  Hope you keep doing well and you are a sweet friend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

i love corned beef and cabbage!!!! yum!!!!!
take care and have a wonderful week!
tina

Anonymous said...

There's been a lot of this cornbeef and cabbage over the past couple of days. Anything to do with St Patricks day by any chance?
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leigh,  
Long time no see! Your's was one of the first journals I read.  Glad you're back in J-Land.  Funny how you miss someone when they don't write.  I do not have much time to comment but have a happy, happy Spring!  Blessings,  Pat

Anonymous said...

Yes, cabbage may smell but it so good! I feel your effervescence about spring's arrival- It has been a long cold winter- I can't wait to turn off the heater!  Happiness to you- Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Our weather is starting to improve, thankfully, although it is tornado season.  But it's sunny and warm and beautiful today, and that just lifts the spirits!
 You can't rush creativity!  When you try to do that, it's a production, it's not feeling.  When I try to write what I think people want to read, it's forced and boring.  When I write from the heart, it flows!  Just write from the heart, you can never go wrong with that!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't know about those winters you guys have up there. They seem like the stuff of my winter nightmares! But, the idea of forests, wildlife and beautiful lakes is tempting~
I hope you are well and had a beautiful Easter. Hopefully Spring in all her glory was part of the celebration.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Easter yesterday.

Did you get clobbered by the Good Friday storm? I forget just where you live . .

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom