Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In like a lion and.....

    As March fades into past-month obscurity, we are finally seeing some warmer temperatures and maybe rain for the last few days of the month.  Not that I'll notice all that much.  I'll be busy learning how to use my new(well to me) Toshiba Satellite.  A sassy little notebook with more power and memory than I'll ever use.  Although Son debates that.  That's right... Hopefully tomorrow or Friday at the latest.....

     I will Finally have a laptop!!!

As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about this.  I received my retention bonus from my job and decided to spend it on ME!  I began searching online for available laptops-used or refurbished, and listened to Son scare me about buying on ebay, the hazards of buying sight unseen. Yada, Yada, Yada...  So I went to the local computer repair store and low and behold there it was.  It has to have a new hard-drive installed, that's why I have to wait to pick it up.  It was alittle more than I wanted to spend, but I am looking for something that will be dependable, portable, and last me a long time.  I'll be able to burn CD's, listen to music, watch movies(if I wanted to), carry it around to all the wireless hotspots in the area(all 5 that I know of right now), and once I get a wireless router for home, sit in my bedroom and type my little heart out.  You'll probably get tired of my being here all the time.  I'll be so excited to have my very own computer, that I can use anytime I want to-the library just isn't open if I get the urge to write at 5:30 in the morning, even though they have been so good about me tromping in and out on an almost daily basis-and sit here(actually that would be there-in my bedroom) with a cup of coffee and a smoke and just let the inspiration overtake my brain.  Who knows, I may become a famous journalist, all because I finally have my very own laptop and can just let the words come pouring out.  :::sigh::: I'm so excited!  Can you tell? 

    We got some snow yesterday, about 5" of the heavy wet snow that is so slippery, but witht the temperatures that they have forecast for the next week or so, almost all of the snow should be gone, and things will start to look like the spring that has been on the calendar for the last 6 days.  I've got the urge to start some little plants in pots, but will have to wait till I can figure out some sort of lighting system for them in the limited space I have-maybe a small one on top of the dresser or something.  I think it's a true case of spring fever.   I was even eyeballing the sandals in my closet last weekend when I was working in my room, and locating the boxes that have my summer clothes.  I am just ready to leave the dull, cold, dreary winter landscape and frame of mind behind, and get things going.  I don't want to miss any of the good weather coming our way.  Will I be able to take my laptop outside and receive the wireless signal from inside the house?  I know I have kind of a one track mind right now.....

   I have to go have some lunch and get ready for my 4-7 shift this evening.  I'll be back sooner than I have been lately even if I don't really have that much to say, because I'll have my new laptop in a day or two.......there I go again.  ;-)

                                       ~Thanks For Stopping By~

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God, I was afraid you wer gonna get lapdance, like LAST time. (Oh, did you not tell any about that? OOPS.)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!  YAY!!!!  I am SO excited for you!!!  That is awesome!!!  AND, you can email with son more too... and share pics!!!  YAY YAY YAY!  That is the BEST news I have heard in a while!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!  I know how long you have wanted one.  I decided to take the plunge and get high-speed internet instead of dial-up.  I am excited, too.  Maybe when I get the economy incentive that the President promised,  I can invest in a better computer, also.  (It may have to go for something else by the time I get it.)  Boy, we will be busy, won't we?  Yay for me and Yay for you!  Pat

Anonymous said...

I think that little lap top will warm up your life! : )  I'm happy for you, enjoy it!  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new laptop. It sounds like it will definitely be put to use (winks). Enjoy my friend. (Hugs) Indigo