Sunday, July 27, 2008

And the winner is....

Canoe #01-Steve Lajoie and Andy Triebold. 

At approximately 11:09:06am.  The announcer on the radio said it's one of the top five finish times of the 61 marathons raced.  The second place canoe should be arriving at the finish line in about 5 minutes, while I'm writing this.  The team I'm rooting for is canoe #14, in 4th place, about 15 minutes behind the second place team and 2 minutes behind 3rd place.  I bet they're paddling their tired butts off. 

Since I can't be there, I'm listening to it on the radio, at least the country music has stopped...they're interviewing one of the winners. 

I have another entry ready to go, but had to take a nap and will get it posted this afternoon or evening.  Work is interfering with my online time...::giggles::...

I did get some rough drafts for entries started.  There's not a whole lot to do on midnights, so I read and write.  And last night, I had my little portable radio on, to catch the updates on the race.  I actually toyed with the notion of driving up to one of the dams that they portage and watching for an hour or so(only about 20 miles from where I was working) but I was so tired this morning and chose to be logical and responsible and came home to nap.(grumbles) 

Well, the 2nd and 3rd place teams have finished, and canoe #14 is due any minute.  I've got to go get ready for work.  I'll be back later...

                                       ~Thanks For Stopping By~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the subcultures in this country.  It's interesting to find out someone you thought you sort of knew is a big fan of a sport you don't think about very often. Give yourself 10 points for originality.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is there is no canoes like good canoes!  I know, poor silliness if you even get it LOL.  Have a happy Sunday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd thought of Allison's line!  Damn!!

;)

Russ

Anonymous said...

I think it was neat that you could at least hear the race on the radio if you couldn't be there; I hope canoe #14 did come in fourth like you wanted; it did seem like a grueling event!

betty

Anonymous said...

glad that you were at least able to keep up on the race via radio etc.  you weren't completely cut off from it :)  sorry your team didn't win though :(  Warm thoughts for you...Hugz, Teresa