Friday, April 11, 2008

I was tagged and I'm Finally doing the meme!!!

   I was tagged by Allison at Allison's Corner of Thoughts and Fun.  I finally have the time to answer these questions.  So here goes-

The Rules:

1. Each player answers questions about themselves.

2. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 people, and posts their name, goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know they've been tagged.

Questions:

1. WHAT WERE YOU DOING TEN YEARS AGO:  I wish like Allison I could say I was graduating High School, but we have to add a few(okay many) years for that event.  Ten years ago, I was facing a 13 year old that was smarter than was good for him, work(part of the day) 7 days a week, and the challenges of caregiving a spouse with MS.  Not one of the great times in my life.

2. WHAT ARE 5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST TODAY?  Today may be along one.  I've got to pack for several days of dog and fish sitting(don't ask!), go do some grocery shopping for said stay with the dog and fish, a 4 to 7 shift, a call to the office to change one of my shift times on Sunday, and stick my head in a good book-which I do every chance I get.

3.  MY 5 FAVORITE SNACKS:  Hmmm... Right now I've been on a corn chips kick, I love to snack on caramels when I'm in the library online, string cheese, crackers with peanut butter, and those Little Debbie Donut Sticks(breakfast in the car at 6:am).

4. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE:  Give my Son enough money to live well while he finishes college, buy out of my lease and find a nice place to build a home surrounded by country-no near neighbors, gardens and a stream running through-a requirement.  I would donate to women's shelter and education programs, MS research, cancer research and education aid programs for teachers and nurses.  Then.....I'd retire to the country, and immerse myself in all the things I love doing-gardening, reading, and crafts(I'd finally get that quilt started).

5.  NAME 5 BAD HABITS:  Well, I'm a smoker, I'm not a very healthy eater, I'm a terrible procrastinator,  I'll be 5 minutes late for my own memorial service(I'm 5 minutes late for almost everything), I let negativity have too much of a hold on my attitude-but I am working on that one.

6. 5 PLACES I'VE LIVED:  Roscommon, Grayling, Gaylord, Toledo, and Sebring, OH.

7. 5 JOBS I'VE HAD:  I've been a waitress, a gas station attendant, motel maid, library aide, and a home health aide.  Oh, and a newspaper carrier.

   Five people I want to know more about:  Okay this is sneaky on my part, but since it's taken me so long to get the chance to do this one-if you read this and haven't been tagged for this meme, please leave me a comment and do it!  PLEASE?  I have no idea who's already done it.  Thanks So Much. 

    We're having a bit of winter flashback, last night the snowflakes falling from the sky were HUGE !  Like minature snowballs that just plopped on the ground.  I've never seen them that big.  It only lasted about 15 minutes, but we've got a cold rainy snap, so it's just yucky out.  I hope it'll clear up and warm up alittle bit, that way I can get some walking exercise-me and Buddy-the have to bribe with a treat to get him to do anything, overweight dog I'm sitting with.   In his defense, he's old and confused, going through a rough time right now.  I'll really enjoy spending time with him, though.  I miss having a dog. 

    Hey, I'm doing pretty good an entry 2 days in a row.  But now it's time to go do a couple of the things on that to do list for today.  I'll be around more often for the next week or so-access at the dogsitting house.   :)  Borrowing a phrase from a couple other journalists here-:::doing a 5 minute Snoopy happy dance:::  See ya really soon....

                                       ~Thanks for Stopping By~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you have access!  Yay!  And, love the meme!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I've been seeing this one around this week- lucky me no tag! Sure does help to know a person! Sorry about the snow flakes- I am scared to put anything out because the adage around here is "its never finished until after Mother's Day" Today is absolutely gorgeous. I just put in 2 hours of raking with my little bitty rake and pitchfork! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh,
Glad you are back.  And two days in a row, Yippee!  I liked your answers, especially the giving part.  You have a good heart.  Hope you win the lottery,
if I don't .  (I'm too tight to buy a ticket, so fat chance me winning.)  Have fun
with the dog and fish.  Sounds calm enough.  Will try to do meme later.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Great awnsers hon ~ our habits coincide lol ~ thank you for sharing with us.  Hugz and Blessings**** Teresa

Anonymous said...

Loved your answers!  I have been absent around here myself (my world blew up for awhile, but I think I put the fire out.  now if I can just get the pieces to fit back together again!) so I don't even know what a tag is, but it's interesting to read those who participate in it!  
  I always seem to lose my To Do lists!  That's probably not a good thing, right?
         Joyce
http://journals.aol.com/gapurplescorpion/randomrantsothermusings/

PS.  I love the comments you leave at my journal!  Thanks for taking the time to include me in your limited online time!  I appreciate your visits!

Anonymous said...

Hiyas.. Welcome to Nowhere, USA! Glad you had time to stop by...  It's kewl to see comments and such...  I love to read too... I got like half a zillion books from the Library that I'm trying to get thru LOL....

You ought to try (when you got time) reading some of the stuff I have on my Story/Poetry Journal at   "Dreaming Under the Stars"  (http://journals.aol.com/raeganfay/DreamingundertheStars)

Thanks,
CeCe Beth
http://journals.aol.com/raeganfay/nowhere-usa/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along, you are so cute.  I'm surprised you wouldn't give me half of your billion though. LOL  Hope you have a happy tomorrow and glad you enjoyed reading journals more in depth.  Luv ya!

Allison