Thursday, April 24, 2008

Define Normal!

   Our public library is attached to the local high school, and the kids use it for different classes, etc.  There's a computer lab on the upper level here.  That's the "music" I'm listeneing to this morning.

   Well, things will be getting back to "normal" again.  My dog and fish sitting gig is done.  I'm heading back home this morning, so thought I'd stop here first.  With gas prices the way they are, I don't do a whole lot of extra running around.  Just the driving I have to do for work is bad enough, so I try to combine work trips with errands. 

   I've got a couple of midnight 12 hour shifts a week now.  My office manager said that we'll have another one starting within a week.  So we'll be extremely busy.  I did enjoy the extra time I had last week, but the paycheck?  Not so much.  But that is one of the hazards of being a home health aide, there are slumps or overloads in hours. 

   We've had some beautiful spring weather, but no rain, so the fire danger is very high.  We're due for rain and some cooler temperatures later this weekend, I guess.  The spring flowers-daffodils, crocus, snowdrops, tulips-are really getting going well.  I'm so glad that it's spring, winter this year sucked. 

   Other than the humdrum little details of my life, that's about it for now.  I'm still settling into the new way I'm living my life now, but do have a tendency to slip up and let those negative thoughts sneak into my consciousness every once in a while.  I have noticed a difference in the way I feel about all of life's little ups and downs, some of the bigger ones, too.  I'm one of those people who will wait for the perfect time before beginning something, which doesn't always happen the way we want it to.  A procrastinator with perfectionist tendencies.  :::shiver:::  So, it seemed like the perfect(see?) time to start this while I was away from home.  Without all the usual distractions.  One of the smarter things I've done lately.  Now all I have to do is adjust it to my life at home.  Although, that's going to come in fits and starts, at least for this weekend what with the 12 shifts and sleeping most of the day.  So, until next time...

                                   ~Thanks For Stopping By~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids and I used to jump in the car and just take a ride to nowhere in particular!  We discovered a lot of new things along the way.  You are right about the gas prices - I can't afford to do that anymore.  Now we watch the travel channel!!! Have a good week!  Karen

Anonymous said...

Aww... back to busy schedule!  I will miss you!  Keep the bad thoughts away!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I like that description . . . a procrastinator with perfectionist tendancies.  Driven people tend to be perfectionist, but how can one be too perfect when one is a perfectionist?  Ponder that.  LOL  Have a happy tomorrow.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I've given up trying to define normal. Just be sure you don't meet yourself coming and going. :-)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hope things went well for you this past week and will go even better next week! I'm the same way kind of about being a procrastinator and perfectionest all in one whoop  lol ~ it's HARD being that way~ you keep on keepin' on Hon ((((((Hugz)))))))** Teresa

Anonymous said...

The high gas prices suck.
Hubby and I used to take day trips to the beach or the mountains all the time without giving it a secons thought.
Now a "day trip" consists of going to the gym and the commissary without breaking the gas budget for the month.
Sometimes I throw caution to the wind and drive all the way downtown!

  Have a good day.

                      sunny

  thanks for the kind words about Blanche.
     she was a good dog and will be missed.

Anonymous said...

I think we are all getting a little case of spring fever!  After the death blows of winter, we are all so eager for rebirth!  A chance to start over, to tend to the garden of our soul, planting beauty and goodness.  
 Humdrum details?  Never!  Your life is a work of art, it's beautiful, it's there to be lived and enjoyed.  So you're not bungee jumping or parachuting from 10,000 feet!  It's still exciting because you are you and you are alive!  Look at yourself in the mirror--you're a miracle!  There is no one else like you anywhere!  How incredible is that?  
 This is my belief--He made us all in His image, so God is a part of everyone, and we are all a part of Him and each other.  If only everyone could see that, and value life, the world would be a great place.
  Love,
      Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. a procrastinator with perfectionist tendencies.

Is that anything like a lunatic with lethal combat skills?

      have a good day.

                      sunny