Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trolls, a Witch and 1000 pieces

 Now that I have your attention....

   I've been dog and fish sitting since Sunday afternoon.  That sounds kind of funny, I know.  The dog is elderly, his owner had to go downstate for a week, and he would have had to spend alot of time in his cage.  The fish, actually, would have been fed by the neighbor or someone.  So, I'm staying at the house, taking care of the critters-deer and squirrels to be fed also.  It's kind of a mini vacation for me, except I've had a few shifts to work.  I have access to a computer, a washer and dryer to use, a nice back deck to sit out on and drink coffee in the beautiful weather we've had this week.  And I've discovered a few things.  I don't necessarily like being by myself like this.  I mean alone in a big house-they always make noises don't they?  Quite a change from my place. I didn't really think it would bother me, but I'm not sleeping very well, and all those noises..... 

    I have used this time by myself to do a puzzle, a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  I don't think I've ever finished one that large all by myself, and I'm pretty darn proud!  I'm going to put some finish on it and hang it on my bedroom wall.  I bought it awhile ago, but didn't know where I was going to find room to put it together-this seemed like the perfect solution.

    I have, of course, spent time reading-2 books down, one to go.  I've been studying Tarot, doing a daily reading to help me learn the cards and their meanings.  I don't believe that they can predict the future, that's always subject to your actions.  But what I've been doing is using them to connect with my inner self, using them more as prompts to learn more about myself.  Fascinating!!

    I just finished reading a book that I really enjoyed.  Wildwood Dancing is by Juliet Marillier, and I was surprised to discover that it was a classic fairy tale-lessons and moral of the story included.  Right down to the happy ever after-for most of the characters.  I've been sticking to light romantic fiction for my pleasure reading.  The cover of the book and title caught my eye, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm glad I did.

    Well, that's mostly all of my major updates for now.  I'll find out tomorrow about a 12 hour shift that I may be starting on Sunday.  Two midnight shifts a week, plus the other clients I have left and I'm right back up to full time+.  With summer coming, I'll stay plenty busy.  I think I'll go have a bowl of ice cream and call it a night.  So, till next time....

                             ~Thanks for Stopping By~

   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you are in unfamiliar surroundings your nerves are a bit uncomfortable.  I can't wait to get my cyber Tarot card reading!!!  LOL : )  Have a happy Friday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

What a nice change of pace for you!  You got a little time
to do some things for you and that's great.  Write soon. Pat

Anonymous said...

I think you needed your mini vacation- from your schedule coming you may need another later! I don't mind being alone but then I have always liked my own company! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Wow!!  A thousand pieces!  I love the tarot... it can be lots of fun and introspective too!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

That would make a great caption for the Jland photo contest
Fish Sitting....what happens when they want to play :)

Paul C