Friday, December 28, 2007

Hmmm..... can't think of one. :-)

    Hi,  I've gotten some time for a break and hope to get this entry done before someone else gets the computer(one hour when someone is waiting).  First, I just want to say-Whew!  What a busy week that was.  Now things will be calming down some.  My schedule is lighter and hopefully will stay that way for a few weeks, so that I can catch my breath and catch up on some of the things I've been neglecting lately.  Like laundry, cleaning my room and filing my paperwork(at home).  There is still way too much good stuff to eat in the fridge, and I hate to say it, but I'll have to "diet" after New Years.  I haven't been eating very healthy for the past couple of weeks and it is starting to show-tighter clothing, that puffed out feeling-but when you're gone from 6am till 7:30pm it's hard to eat sensibly, too much junkfood out there calling my name.  So now I'll have to be a good girl(after New Year's, of course) and stick to salads-which I do love-turkey sandwiches, fruit and other portable lunches.   

    I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and got everything they wanted.  I enjoyed myself and relaxed when I could.  The weather has been reasonably calm, although I guess we're due for some snow this afternoon and evening, 4 to 8 inches.   Early enough to have the roads cleared by tomorrow morning(6am), somewhat.  I have an early shift 15 miles from home and hate the drive when the roads haven't been plowed.  Then I have to go shopping for the New Year's Feast, party snacks, etc.  I also have a 4-7pm shift, then my day will be done.   We're partying at home, no driving or crowds to deal with and I prefer it that way.   I don't have to work till 10am the next morning, so......  ;-)

    Short and sweet, I just found out the library will be open Monday, so I'm going to try and do an entry then.  I'm off to try and catch up some journal reading now.

                                     ~Thanks for Stopping By~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, no night ny eve driving for us either.  We're going to a small afternoon gathering and that's it for us.  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like both you AND the Turkey, were stuffed this Christmas. Have a good New Year.
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

Hi, glad you were able to get online.  i hear you about the junk food...there's still a ton of it here in my house.  and it has to be gone by new year's!  so i have to get busy.

have a great rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

Hi there I don't know how I found you,but I did and I have enjoyed reading your posts.I  love to find new journals to read. too.Nothing in the way planned as yet for my NY ,but no doubt I shall enjoy whatever comes along.I hope you have the most wonderful evening.I hope you didn't mind me calling in on you.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriassnad http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Missed you!!! Yeah... diet time fo rme too!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Nice to see another entry. It must be getting frustrating to wait for a computer.
I know just how you feel.

I agree with the overabundance of good food (see my entry on "Cheese")
My weight has been creeping up and up and up.
I have to get a handle on that SOON.
Even though I go to the gym, I am doing as much as I need to be doing.
I have TRIED to go back to eating more carefully.
I pretty much threw caution to the wind and now I am regretting it.

Look forward to seeing another entry soon!

                          sunny

Anonymous said...

I'm hanging at home for New Years, too!  No sense being out with anyone who might drink and drive.  That way, if I decide to drink, I'll be safe.  I really don't drink that much anymore!  I've found that I can be just as fun and crazy without the influence of alcohol, AND I remember it!  My daughter has to work 2pm-10pm, anyway.
  Good luck on getting your eating back on track.  I refuse to use the word diet!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Glad you had the time to write.  Eat healthy girl!!  Have a happy New year if you don't get on before then.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

so great to hear from you!  and yes, things should calm down a little now...maybe for the next two months.....
take care
tina