Friday, December 14, 2007

Thankful on a Friday

   I've been pretty busy lately and have barely managed to get here to read and comment, so this is the first time I've had a chance to write an entry.  It may be kinda short, as I'm between clients. 

   My thankfuls for this week are:

1. My work, and the paychecks that come in as a result.  It's all spent, but I'm still keeping my head above the waterline.

2. My mechanic-Yes again.  This time it was my muffler.  I had to change my appointment time due to my schedule change, but he still manages to fit me in.  Thanks, James.

3. That the weather hasn't been too drastic around here lately.  With all the driving I do, I get nervous on the bad roads.  We  may get some unexpected snow tomorrow, at least it was unexpected as of this morning.  I don't suppose it would still be "un"expected now though would it?  Anyway........

4. Coffee.  Of course.  My schedule(the new changed one) has some early(6:30am) shifts and I'll Need it.  Lots of it!

5. I finally got my baking well under way.  It's been one thing after another keeping me from getting much done, the latest is the missing bag of cookiecutters.  No one has a clue where they went, so I'm off to go shopping tonight, so that I can bake the cutout cookies this weekend, so Son's goody box can go in the mail on Monday.

6. The connection I feel when I come here, read entries and  my e-mails!  That  means a great deal to  me.

   Kind of a short list, but those are the basics for this week.  As I said, the cookie cutters have gone missing, so I'm going to go shopping after work tonight and try to find some.  This late in the season, who knows what I'll find!  The Sweet and Salty Chex Mix I was working on turned out really good.  I already have to make another batch.  I've had alot of fun with the cookie press, too.  You can whip out a couple dozen cookies in no time.

   Things aren't really all that great at the house.  I found out that the bill paying has been lax, and to my total shock, we're over $600 behind in rent.  They haven't been paying it except for the checks that I send or give to Bro for the landlord(except for $240) since Oct.  And he(Bro) has managed to get a month behind on the utilities now, too.  I have to wait till the lease expires in Aug., to go find a place by myself.  I hate letting them down, as it is so hard to afford living on your own, but this is about the last straw.  Oh and this year, we're buying gifts-which we haven't done in 2 years, and they've spent over $40 on Xmas day dinner(steak and shrimp).  Grrrr....  They don't dare ask me for extra money toward bills-I'll explode.  When asked what I wanted for a gift, I said just money, as the money I have to spend on you, I was going to send to Son, who is struggling right now.  They actually got alittle bent out of shape. ~Insert foul language here~  So the opportunity to spend 12 to 15 hours away from home, a day, right now is welcomed.   And I'm going to need to build up a cash-stash for emergencies(like the lights or heat getting shut off.)  At this rate I'll never get a computer.  They don't even ask at the library anymore, they know why I'm there.  Now I need to change the Mood slot at the top to frustrated.  ::sigh::  ::deep breath::

   It's time for me to sign off and get ready for my next client.  That's only 2 hours and then I'm off to go shopping.  One last time before the holiday.  I hope to be back soon.   ~ Thanks for stopping by~      

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should move in with your mechanic.

Anonymous said...

LOL.  He's a happily married father of 4.  Just a really nice person.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the issues...I hope it gets better and soon....That's why I don't have roommates anymore...we tried to help out a couple friends throughout different times in our marriage....too much of a strain trying to get someone to do what should be done.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your brother and nephew are being such idiots about the rent and bills etc.!!!  I am praying for you... I really am.  Maybe during the next few months you will meet a widowed/divorced woman looking to room mate?  That might work out well for you???  I loved your thankfuls... I am sending you and your son prayers....

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry this is going on right now and at Christmas too...and i hope you do get a place of your own....and as for letting them down, aren't they letting YOU down but now handling the money correctly?

Anonymous said...

You're letting THEM down????
It doesn't sound like they've done you any favors by mismanaging the $$$.
You're the one who's working..........
Let them fend for themselves WITHOUT your help.


That just sucks....bad news right before the holidays.
Bummer.
Just keep baking the yummy cookies and making coffee.
There's nothing like a sugar and caffeine high to make you feel better!

I'm sure the library people don't mind seeing you.
Just don't stay away too long!
Good luck.

                    sunny

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to come to your journal.  I feel a connection with you and I enjoy your comments and who you are.  I'm thankful for that as well.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I feel the J Land connection too...
Lyn


Anonymous said...

I don't know were I would be without the J-land connection. I'm in agreement with you a place of your own at this rate would be better. If your brother and his son can't be bothered to pay the bills, it's not fair to you to be doing it all. Your definitely being taken advantage of. Your in my thoughts and prayers on the smoke. Wishing you love, peace and all the joy you so richly deserve this holiday season. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

you won't be letting anyone down...you'll be watching out for yourself, and a girl has to do that.  i can see already that you have a good heart.
thanks for stopping by my journal.  i'm looking forward to reading more of yours!

mara