Thursday, December 6, 2007

Quick stop to say hi!

   It seems like forever since I 've been here.  In actuality it's only been a couple days.  I have been so busy working that this is the first break in my schedule since I was able to be online at a midnight shift I filled in on Monday night.  I've worked so much this week that the office had to cover one of my regularly scheduled shifts due to (too much) overtime.  The boss gets alittle upset when my overtime dips into the overhead.  :::happy sigh:::  I found out today that my whole schedule is being changed, as there is a new client that needs aides with more training, and I'm one of the only ones that can be sent.  So now I have no idea when I'll be working, but it will still be a full schedule with probably a couple hours overtime from fill-in shifts, when the roads are bad or an aide becomes ill. 

   We're due to get another snowstorm on Sunday, not sure how much yet, but the meteorologists are keeping a close eye on it(that means trouble).  It's been cold and partly sunny the last couple of days, and the lake is starting to form ice near the shoreline.  I stopped by the State Park the other day, the whole view changes when there's ice and snow on the lake, but for now still open.   I may have to get energetic and go ice skating this winter.  I haven't done that for "Years".  More and more houses are getting their Christmas lights out and the drive home at night is beautiful.  Winter is setting in quite well. 

   I haven't had much of a chance to get my baking done, but I plan on tonight being a whirlwind session in the kitchen.  The sweet and salty Chex Mix turned out pretty good, but it doesn't quite taste like I imagined.  I may tweak the recipe(the way I made up to do it) and try again.  One of my clients has a recipe for Cinnamon Pinwheels that I'm going to try.  It's just a basic dough rolled out sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and the rolled up and chilled, sliced and baked.  It sounds like it'd be a good cookie for mailing. 

   Oh, I almost forgot- it's time for my Thankful Thursday list.  :)

1. My job.  I really do enjoy it.

2. Coffee.  It's definitely needed right now.  And that Peppermint/Mocha creamer is Yummy.

3. My Son.  I sent him some cash and vitamins to help out, and he called to tell me how much it meant that I would take the time to do that and how much he appreciated it.  I reminded him that I'm his Mother and that I love him and will do what I can for him. But it really made me feel good.

4. Computer time.  I can't believe how much I miss it.  I miss being here and reading about what is going on in everyone's lives.  More motivation to work on getting my own-Soon!

5. My health.  Working with my clients reminds me on a daily basis, how fortunate I am to still be healthy. 

   I'm running short on time and I've got to catch up on reading journals now, so I'm closing this entry.                                                                            ~Thanks for Stopping by~ 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son sounds like a great guy... not surprised... as he has a great mom!  I am glad that things are going well... I hope you get a computer for you sooN!  

Sending you lots of prayers and hugs!  Enjoy the ice skating...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Happy baking.  Glad you had time to stop by.  I hope the new client works out well for you.  I'm thankful that you made an entry.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Love your list!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

So happy to see a new entry.
Glad you got some computer time!

Sounds like you have been very busy.
Good luck with the baking! It all sounds yummy!

      sunny

Anonymous said...

So busy beofre Christmas, don't burn yourself out before the big day.
Gaz ;-) xx