Monday, December 3, 2007

Snow. Snow, and more Snow!

   Holy Cow, enough already.  We got the 8" of snow from the storm system, some freezing rain, and then last night the wind and lake effect snow started.  I woke up to another 2" of snow this morning, and it's still snowing.  We've gotten another 3" since 8:00am this morning.  Two of my clients live on private roads, and have plow services-both of which have busted trucks-so they're snowed in.  The one only lives 2 blocks back from the main road and so I parked at the gas station and walked to her house yesterday and this morning.  The other one lives 1/2 mile back in and so they're cancelled for today.  Since I have all this free time, I'm at the library and will be hunting up some new cookie recipes when I'm done in journals.  My Son reminded me that he has 2 roommates, a broad hint to send "lots of goodies".  I'll have to hunt for a couple boxes to ship all these goodies in.  Gaz asked what Chex Mix is- so here's the basics.  Chex Cereals, (corn, rice and wheat), then you add Cheerios cereal, pretzels, nuts and whatever other snacks you like.  Then you make a sauce with butter, worchestershire sauce, season salt, garlic salt, and melt in a saucepan.  Pour it over the cereal mixture, bake it at a low temp. for an hour and then dig in.  All very adaptable.  And very yummy. 

   I am so disgusted with the Detroit Lions.  I could play better football than they did yesterday.  There was a 103 yard kickoff return touchdown for the Minnesota Vikings in the second quarter.  Come on.  I don't think anyone even touched him as he ran from one endzone to the other.  :::heavy sigh:::  So I'm gonna skip watching and just do other things.  They've pretty much blown their chance to make the playoffs.   Maybe next year.  ::heavier sigh::  

   I'm going to go visiting other journals, and then check out some recipes, and go home to shovel(yep, still snowing) and bake.  You all have a great day and...

                        ~Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you got a lot of snow.  Ours is gone... sadly!  I am sorry about the Lions... but they could win the rest of the games!  Fingers crossed!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let is snow!  Thought you'd like my journal comment Karaoke!  Well maybe not.  LOL  Tell Gaz that he needs to have a good bottle of wine to go with his Chex mix.  Sorry about your Lions.  Hope you have a good snowless Tuesday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Snow.....brrrrrrrrrr!
Crank up the electric blanket to 10 ~~

            sunny

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you. I'm 100% in agreement with the snow, although we haven't gotten anywhere near that much yet. I still don't like it :)


Jimmy

PS sorry about the Lions, but...I'm stuck with the Jets!

Anonymous said...

We barely got a few tiny flakes!  Hope you're enjoying your snow!
Lori

Anonymous said...

That Chex mix sounds amazingggggggggggggggggg, I love all the ingrediaents especialy worcester sauce!
Gaz xxx