Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!!!

   Whatever that means.  Actually, nothing in my world, except the day before March.   At least they haven't made it a mainstream holiday yet.  Well, the good news is that we only got 3" of snow from the the storm that came in this morning.  They have fog, ice and rain forecast for Sunday and another snowstorm for Wednesday. :::sigh:::   The bad news is that I have 2 of 4 of my regular clients in the hospital, I may be losing one to other reasons, my car has suspension problems(rear right side), I didn't get my income tax refund today, I couldn't find one pair of athletic shoes at K-Mart in my size, and last night I slipped on the ice at a client's home and my right thumb now has a nail that's half torn off and bruised.  Oh and every time I turn around I keep hitting it on things.  Why is that?  A bandaged appendage becomes a target for moving and inanimate objects.  And then there's all the hundreds of little things that just irritate me.  Yeah, it's been a couple pretty crappy days. 

   One good thing, I got a very nice note in the mail that really brightened my day yesterday.  So I sat down and wrote a couple of notes to mail out, myself.  That felt amazingly good.  Oh, one more good thing, when I was in Grayling today, I stopped in at the bakery to see if they had any rye bread.  No such luck, but they did have this amazing BBQ Pork sandwich on a kaiser bun in the hot foods case.  That was a nice change of pace for my lunch.  I'll have to stop in there more often. 

   Dawn at Carpe Diem(no I can't make the link come up) had done a meme called Friday Fill-in.  I've got a few minutes, so.......

1. I'm looking forward to having some extra hours off (but not too many) next week.

2. I don't handle all these stressful things going on right now, very well.

3. Peanut Butter Toast is something I could eat everyday. Actually, I already do!!!

4. Non-winter road conditions have been missing from my life since December.  More like November. ;(

5. 6:30am shift here I come!  That means I have to behave myself and go to bed early all weekend.

6. I have been thinking about getting a tattoo(s), but now I'm not so sure.  Have to think some more.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to just sitting and not hittng my thumb on anything, tomorrow my plans include work, trying to find a pair of shoes for work, and Sunday I want to relax, but I've got to work all morning and a 4-7pm shift

    Well, it's time to leave for my 4-7 shift, have to stop at the gas station for a hot cup of coffee, so......

                                    ~Thanks for Stopping By~ 

p.s. sorry I whined so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No apologies!  You weren't whining... just venting!  

I hope you get some new clients to make up the $$!

Thanks for doing my meme!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your refund soon.  Have a very nice weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

that wasn't really whining, leigh, just a little venting. some days can be frustrating and then along comes a saving grace, like the note you received.  don't despair - spring is coming.  hope you get your car troubles resolved soon - that's the pits.

so...what kind of tattoo are you thinking about getting??

Anonymous said...

You never whined, it was just a little moan ;-)
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, so sorry about your thumb.  I hope that heals quickly.  Take care!
Lori