Thursday, February 21, 2008

I can see the Sun!

    Can you believe it?  The sun is shining.  It was visible for a several hours yesterday, too.  The temperature is up around 20 degrees-we're havin' a heat wave!  By the way, that's below normal for this time of year. It is beautiful, the sun shining on the snow, but colder than it looks.  The last time I saw the forecast they were talking about possible highs of 35 by the weekend.  Oh, and more snow next Tuesday.  ;(  

    I missed the lunar eclipse last night.  I got home about 7pm, the moon was shining brightly.  I had some dinner, was reading and went out side to check on the progress-it's snowing!  That's right in less than an hour, it had clouded up and started to snow.  I got disgusted and went to my room.:::stomping my feet:::  My son called, telling me what an amazing sight the eclipse was-yeah, it's snowing here.  Mom, did you know that we won't be able to see another one from North America till December 2010?  Yep, I read that.  ::sigh::   Oh, coughing from the other end of the line, I've got to go into the house, I smell skunk, very strong!  And that's was the end of the eclipse for the both of us.

    I got a package from Son on Tuesday.  He sent me some music that he listens to, and some coffee samples from the coffee house where he hangs out.  Talk about good!  There was a package of hand-blended herbal tea that smells really good, too.  But I haven't tried it yet.  He said that he felt bad for not sending me a gift over the holidays, but I know how broke he was.  I also got a card, what he called a Hallotines card.  He confessed that he was at the Mall and came across a store that was going out of business, so he stocked up on some deep discount cards,  but no Valentines.  I had to laugh.  I think maybe some of my thrift shopping genes have rubbed off on him(funny, because he used to just hate it.)

    Speaking of thrift shopping, I came across a leather backpack, yesterday. Tan, supple, and something I've wanted FOREVER.  So for $2.00, it came home with a seat cushion for the kitchen, some scrap quilt material(25 cents a package) and a novel I haven't read yet.(25 cents)  It's great, roomier than my purse was, lots of pockets, zippers that all work, just so long as I don't overload it.  My first client of the day wanted to know where I'd found it and if there were more.  Nope, sorry.  It's just pretty cool.

    Well, that about exhausts the news from the great white north of the Lower Penninsula of Michigan for today......

                             ~Thanks for Stopping By~

     

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't even try to look at the moon last night.  just felt too bad.  
i know several people that have found great bargains at thrift stores.
have a great evening and hopefully, that snow will quit!
tina

Anonymous said...

Your son sounds like a total sweetheart!  Funny how sometimes the things we didn't like when we were kids we lean on now as adults!  LOL

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful, caring son! He definitely takes after his mom in that category. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your son to think of you and send you something special!  That is rare, to be perfectly honest.  He obviously was raised well, and loves his mom very much.

I've been doing lots of thrift shopping lately...  Glad you came upon some good finds.  I too, found a great novel that I can't put down and I even found a "new" purse!  I also found some glassware and a pretty basket.  And clothes! ::perk::

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the eclipse the way so many seemed to.  I heard something about another one coming next year...  Wow.. I just looked at that date of yours again ~ 2010 is less than two years away.  I don't know why, but that's just shocking to me.

;o)  Chelle

Anonymous said...

It was cloudy here too, so no eclipse on this side of the hill. I did see one once several years ago. What is weird is a solar eclipse. We had a total back in the seventies. It was cloudy so we couldn't see the actual eclipse but it really got dark for a few minutes.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

You have to laugh sometimes...the lunar eclipse here was behind the snow clouds too! And that's in Southern California! I don't do thrift shops but addicted to yard sales twice a year, Memorial Day and Labor day. It's a tradition here in the mountains where I live. I swear no more but it is a social event!

Anonymous said...

All we got was cold rain rain rain all day.

Your $2 backpack find sounds great.
I found a really nice laptop carrying case that costs about $50 for $4 and a nice neutral light grey Eddie Bauer sweater for $3.
I LOVE our local Goodwill store.

Have a pleasant evening.
Stay warm!

             sunny

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to see much of it either. : (  It was on the cloudy side here but luckly, nothing close to snow and twenty degree temps.  I hope you have a lovely weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

It was cloudy here for the start of the eclipse, but by the time we got out of the gym, the sky had cleared enough to give me a taste of it.  I love stuff like that!  
  My daughter is after me to go to thrift stores.  She's very retro for a modern 17 year old, and I don't know who she inherited this from but she has a great fashion sense!  It must skip a generation or something!  I can't put an outfit together to save my life!  I bet she'd have a field day in a Goodwill store!  
  Our weather's been chilly and rainy.  Very depressing.  
           Joyce

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the sun to start shining again, it's so damp and cold in England at this time of the year. I am glad the sun shone for you today.
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hi! Keep warm!