Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just hanging out on a Tuesday.

   I don't really have that much to talk about today, but I have some computer time and if I go out to the car, I'll just eat more than I mean to( a box of snack crackers and some cookies) and I've been doing pretty well keeping my eating habits a little healthier.  I've discovered that I love vegetable juice(like V-8), it's like a Bloody Mary without the vodka, which I don't really like anyway, but a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper, stirred, chilled with a few ice cubes.  Yummy.  I can buy the big bottle, no one else in the house will go near it.  I've always liked tomato juice, don't know why I didn't try the veggie juice before. 

   We had freezing rain on Sunday.  I went to work at a client's home at 6:30 am and two hours later came out to find ice covering my whole car.  We got about 1/4 inch of ice total, but it was enough to create problems.  It got up past 32 degrees, so was just rain after that, but the side roads that are snow covered turned to ice skating rinks.  I had to call and cancel my 4-7 shift, they said their road and driveway was all ice, I'd never make it up the hill. 

   I watched the Daytona 500 instead.  Ryan Newman won!  The guy that they hardly talked about at all, for the most part just stayed in the race and minded his own business till the last couple laps, then his teammate Kurt Busch pushed him past Tony Stewart for the win!!!  I only get to watch once in awhile as I almost always work on Sunday afternoons, so I really enjoyed this. 

   I've been working on a quilt design for Son, without much luck so far.  I can't seem to make up my mind, find the right combination of blocks that will accept the multiple color combinations of a scrap quilt. There are lots of design possibilities, though, so just have to keep trying.  I've got lots of time for this, so I'm not too concerned.

   My chest congestion is gone.  I found out that there's been alot of people with the same kind of flu virus, the local schools have been hit hard.  They're trying not to close because of this as they have to save their 5 calamity days for snow, and however many more they miss, they have to make up and add to the end of the school year. 

    I had to have a tire replaced on the front driver's side of my car, yesterday.  I walked out to leave for work and noticed that there were some little slits on the side, right next to the tread edge.  These are over 4 years old, so it's time for different ones.

   That's about it for my exciting life, so far this week.  Ya never know, it's Tuesday and thngs could liven up by the end of the week, or not...........

                                        ~Thanks for Stopping By~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's how my brain is working these days... the first three times I read your entry I thought you said PAUL NEWMAN won Daytona.  I reread it and reread it before telling my Mom (a huge Paul Newman fan).  THEN I came back in to show her and she said, "THAT'S NOT PAUL NEWMAN!"
Of course, this time I saw it  was Ryan Newman.  
But for a while there I was shocked that Paul was racing again!
LOL
:)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy veggie juice too, my tummy just doesn't like it :(  everyonce in awhile I will drink a small can of it...I add sea salt, worceshire <spelling?>sauce, horseradish <a wee bit> and lemon, celery salt if I have any LOL.  It is so good like that!!  
I'm sorry about your tires :(  That sucks!  But I'm glad you got a Sunday off and were able to relax and enjoy yourself :)  Hugz, Teresa

Anonymous said...

I love tomoato juice as well but check out the sodium before you add the sea salt.
It's surprisingly high!

All that ice sounds pretty messy.
Glad you had a chance to watch the race.
I though Dale Jr. was supposed to win.
What happened to him?

Have a good evening.
Be careful driving!

                       sunny

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better.  A bloody Mary sounds good LOL.  I watched the race too, my dad has a Nascar party every weekend pretty much.  My favorite driver is Kasey Kahe.  Hope you have a happy tomorrow.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

happy that you are feeling a little better.

Anonymous said...

i have the crud today. not sure what it is.  it isn't the flu...but it is bad enough..
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing how much snow and ice you have had this winter!!! I wish we had it!  I love v8 and have been on a kick since the new year, and pomegranate/cranberry too!  Yum.  Supposed to be good for the joints, we will see!  Be careful with the tires!  Sending prayers...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love V-8 also but it will kill you on a diet if you can't tolerate a lot of salt! (and the low sodium type tastes nasty)- Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Just reading about you the V-8 juice has me wanting some. If you want to spice it up a little try putting in a 1/2 teaspoon of Horseradish and a dash of A-1. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

V8 juice is not only good to drink, but it's great in home made soup too.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I still love virgin marys.

Anonymous said...

I have just discovered V8 juice again too, but prefere it with the voddy in ;-)
Gaz xx