Saturday, May 10, 2008

Learning Curves

    I'm learning new things everyday.  Been a student of this particular course for 4 days now.  Doing okay, fitting time on here(the laptop) around the rest of my life.  But I feel like I'm back in high school, staying up late studying for the big test tomorrow.  During the period where I only  had access at the library, I just didn't have the time to learn much.  So far, I've learned how to create tabs, rip and burn CD's, and when I stumble across the right button, how to edit my playlist.  I still haven't been able to get the wireless router set up, have to get an ethernet cord out of storage(actually that's Potsey's department) from "some box" of things that's kind of buried in the back, but he knows exactly where it is.  The problem with that is that he's in Detroit for the weekend-so I have to wait till Sunday night.  ::sigh:: 

    At least now, I can watch you tubes, videos, and get to all the sites that were blocked at the library.  Yay!!  Oh, and instant messagee with  my Son.  That's worth a double Yay!  He's encouraging me to keep trying different things on here, and telling me that I will get it eventually.  He's talking about digital cameras, sending me music and photos and I  have to keep reminding him that it's going to take me some time, I still have the training wheels on and can't go over the jumps till I at least have a helmet!! 

  I promise that I will eventually get tired of talking about this and get back to some other topics.  Like the raking in the yard, plans for plantings-a few in the ground, but most in pots.  Like visits to the lake and all the fun things I hope to be able to do this summer.  With gas prices the way they are, most have to be fairly close to home, but I think I've discovered something interesting to try.  We were looking at topographical views of the hometown area and found some trails, little lakes, and interesting tree lines and stuff that we'd like to go explore.  I'll have to hit up the DNR for some maps of the state lands and trails around here, so that I don't get lost and end up in some sand pit without cell reception.  Maybe find some new spots to pick blueberries(huckleberryies).   AANNDD..... if I do get a digital camera and learn how to use it and post pictures here, I can show you, too.

    Well, I have to go to the Post office before it closes in 15 minutes, so it's time for me to close out.

                                              ~Thanks For Stopping By~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your excitment! I still learn new stuffall the time- wish I could figure out how everyone does the psp pictures I have trouble there! Be prepared for bad times_ I seem to have gremlins in my computer (not the virus kind, the mischievious kind) that mess me up (its me but I will not admit it) Love Dannelle

Anonymous said...

You sound like a little kid in a candy store!  LOL  So happy and sweet!  Glad you are enjoying the use and learning of your new toy.  Have a happy day today.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your reads ~ I hope everyday is good to you! Take care and have fun,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting the hang of the laptop. Computers are a wonderful thing, but it can be intimidating. I saw the new version of Office the other day and almost dang near shook with fear.

later :)

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.  A person who is always giving of
themselves to others deserves a nice reward now and then.
Sounds like you're doing great, learning all the new stuff.
I can vouch for the fact that one is never too old to learn.
Have fun. I enjoy reading your entries.  Keep us informed
on your progress.  Have a great day!   Pat