Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, Finally!

   It's just been one of those afternoons-

OH, OH!  Red Wings Score-4-0!!!!!

   Sorry, I'm listening to the hockey game.  The Detroit Red Wings could finish this series and move on to the Stanley Cup Finals with a win tonight.  Anyway, like I was saying-it's been one of those afternoons.  I've been trying to do an entry since about 4pm.  Potsey came home with some taco meat and I had to stop and make a taco burger for a late lunch, or early dinner(whatever).  He needed to borrow this to look something up, so.........

   I make another attempt to get a post written, and the landlord comes over.  She's one of those friends that just stop over for a minute and stay 2 hours.  We had a very nice visit and I haven't seen her the last couple times she's been here so.........

   This is my last try for tonight.  If I don't manage this, I'll wait till morning.  Very early, before any interruptions are awake!!  I know that I'll be drifting off to dreamland early tonight as I've only had 3 1/2 hours of sleep since yesterday morning.  I had to work an unexpected midnight shift last night and my regular day shift this morning.  So I'm tired.  I'll have another midnight shift tomorrow night, but a chance to take a nice long nap beforehand in the afternoon. 

    I had a rare pleasure yesterday evening.  I was driving back from my afternoon shift and on the side of the road, not 20 yards away, stood a Bald Eagle.  He was eying a deer that had most likely been hit by a car and tossed of the road.  He was either guarding it till he could figure out how to carry it off or eat the whole thing.  What a beautiful, regal bird, even in scavenger mode.  You don't usually see them so close like that.  More often than not, just in flight, especially over the lakes, fishing.

   Spring is in full forward mode here, although the weather has been colder than usual.  We have some wild blueberries(huckleberries) in the yard that are in bloom, and the ferns are shooting up by inches each day.  Now we just need some warmer weather.  It's going to be a good summer.

   Well, I'm quickly running out of steam, so I'm going to sign off for tonight, and get ready for bed.  Have a wonderful week. 

                                  ~Thanks For Stopping By~

  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omigolly, what an awesome sight the eagle must have been!  lucky you...right place at the right time.  was coming home one evening near twilight and saw 3 racoons by the edge of the road, scampering up the embankment.  there's wonder everywhere you look.

glad you finally got your entry in.  it definitely was one of those afternoons, huh?

Anonymous said...

You can have some of my warmer weather, please be my guest!  LOL  My team won the cup last year and it looks like Pittsburgh will be playing Detroit this year.  Have a happy tomorrow.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!  Huckleberry pie!  I can almost taste it now.
Leigh, I like the way you appreciate nature. God's
handiwork is everywhere,  if we take time to notice.
Have a wonderful day, and try to get enough rest.
Blessings,   Pat from Roses rambling.