Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Please, come on in.....

    Welcome to my new home!  I'm so glad you could join me.  As you can see, it's not finished just yet, still bare in spots.  But with some time, it'll fill in nicely.  It's so nice to finally have a place to put my feet up, take my time-whenever that time may be.  It's been a long 6 months of travel, of having only temporary lodgings with such limits on what I can touch, see, arrange just so, and when and how long I could stay.  But now... Now, I can spend time and visit exactly as I want.  Even in my nightgown with that first cup of Java nectar at my elbow.  I plan on spending a great deal of time here.  This is, after all, something I have waited for, at times not so patiently.  I hope you'll come by and visit often.  As the finishing touches are added, I'm sure I'll grow and change right along with it.  And isn't that what home is?  A sanctuary you feel comfortable enough to say and do what you want, without having to worry about the world's opinion?  A place to truly be yourself. 

    For some, happiness is material possession, for others it's being surrounded by crowds of friends and loved ones.  Happiness for me is finding a place of my own, a place to think and dream, to read and write, to create just for me.  A peaceful aloneness to let my mind wander, or draw up a plan for my next creative project.  To add music, or not, the choice is always only mine.  Here, I can invite others in or spend an afternoon just gazing around at everything there is to see. 

    As we walk back to the entrance after your tour, know that you're welcome to visit, just any time.  And as the door closes, you'll hear...

                                  ~Thanks For Stopping By~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the other entry first, so this one was very clear.  It feels new, doesn't it, to have this at your own leisure instead of on someone else's schedule?  This is just so great.  Have fun.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I did the same thing, reading the latest entry first. Congratulations on the new domain. It's always refreshing when something truly belongs to you and has your touch on it. I think you and your new home will get along famously! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!  A laptop!!!  Finally!  Your own little haven!!!  Yay!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Independence Day! See you soon-have fun decorating! Dannelle