Wednesday, May 7, 2008

So-I guess you're wondering...

    What exactly was she talking about in that last entry?  The woman has a vague way with words sometimes.   Well, what it means-exactly- is that I "FINALLY" got my laptop!  That's right folks, I got my stimulus rebate check yesterday and headed for Walmart and spent the whole damn thing on a brand new laptop computer.  I conveniently had the whole afternoon and evening off to shop, get it home and set up, to read all the warranties, instructions and get it hooked up to the internet.  That in itself was a challenge.  I bought a wireless router to set up so that I can go back to my bedroom and just type away.  We didn't have enough slots in the modem to set that up, so a splitter is the next purchase along with the discs I need to copy the system recovery stuff.  For now, I'm in the living room when I need to be online. 

    With all the blunders I've made so far, I'm surprised it hasn't just thrown its processor up in the air in frustration at the idiot tapping on the keys.  I will get the hang of this, learn how to do all the things I want to, take it with me whenever and wherever I want, and bring myself stumbling into the 21st century.  Now I face the challenge of living a simple life and toting technology along with me.  It should be a fun and educational experience.  Actually there is some free online education through HP that I want to look into, maybe sign up for, and get myself started.  I know, I'm kinda going on and on about this.  But this is the one thing that I really wanted to do for myself.  Doing for and helping others delayed it longer than I wanted, but my time has come and I am So looking forward to it.

    Okay, I'm closing now and going to get caught up on some journals and do some exploring.  So........

                                ~Thanks For Stopping By~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was geekier that I am I would insert some sort of applauding yellow duck icon, but I'm not. Congratulations. Your new home looks a lot like the old one from here, but it clearly feels very different for you, and on that basis, is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Aww... come on, I want the yellow duck!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!  congratulations on your new laptop!  I'm so happy for you! Enjoy it, Leigh.  You deserve to do something good for yourself.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you girlie girl!  Now we will be hearing lots from you.  Have a happy Thursday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I love my laptop. It fits so well on the arm of the recliner. Right next to my books. Cat on one side computer on the other. lol

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!  I am so glad it all worked out!  I got your last entry right away!!!  The splitter will have you trotting into your bedroom in no time!  Isn't it fun? Enjoy because YOU deserve it!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

So happy for you!   It will be great to hear from you leisurelly.
I can't think of a better way to spend that rebate or anyone
I'd rather see have it , even me!  Keep on writing.  Pat

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy you finally got your laptop!!  I can only imagine how you feel ~ I know how I felt when I didn't have one for a couple months, felt like I was cut off from the world.  Don't know for sure if that's a sad thing in my case though LOLOL.  If you have any questions about it let me know, Cindy is a absolute WHIZ when it comes to computers, it's amazing really, she really get's "into" them... she might be able to help!!  She set my computer up with all kinds of programs etc.  Considering we have 3 in the house it's a good thing she knows something.  I hope your weekend is great.  It's about time you did something for yourself!  Hugz**** Teresa