Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's just one of those days.......

    I could have picked frustrated for my mood, but since we have all these new ones, I looked a little closer and decided that I am definitely cranky.  Right now anyway.  It's just one of those days where things aren't working for me. 

   My internet connection is down, don't know what's wrong, cable TV is working, just not the internet.  Tech is coming on Tuesday or before if I'm lucky enough to be home if someone cancels their appointment.  So now I have to rely on the library(where I am now) and Wifi hotspots-if I can find any.  I  know that most McDonalds have it, but "Not the one in my town".  There is a local restaurant that used to have it, and I'll go there later to see if they still do. 

   From this public connection I can't get to my private journal.  I tried typing in all the combinations I could think of, but it won't let me find it.  That's where the rough draft for my 2nd entry in the story is.   ;(   So I can't do that. 

   Yahoo Mail is only letting me look at one or two emails before showing a page that says there's a problem, they're working on it, yada, yada, yada.........

   I did get my plants planted.  I was going to do it on Thursday afternoon, but they were calling for storms and I didn't want the poor little things to get all beat up their first night in their new home.  So I slid them under the outdoor table and a wheelbarrow.  Am I ever glad I did that!  We had some doosey storms blow through, hail, high winds, 2" of rain, the whole 9 yards.  .  A Severe Thunderstorm Warning, A Tornado Warning, and then another Severe Thunderstorm Warning.  All between 12am and 3:30am, what a long night that was.  I fell asleep on the couch in front of the TV, watching the radars and warnings come and go.  I woke up about 6:30 am with a sore back and neck.  Anyway, the plants are in and look good today.  I still have the 2 containers to plant with the herbs, I can work on them today.

   Well, since I can't do the entry I had hoped, I'll just sign off for now.  And hope to be around at least a little bit more this weekend.  As Always......

                             ~Thanks For Stopping By~

  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having problems with your conncection and you have a right to be cranky, well, just a little bit anyway.  I think that kind of weather night would have had me on edge.  We don't get those kinds of warnings here.  I do hope you have a happy weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think computers and the internet will take over! But then again I enjoy this too much to give it up if I don't have to! I just got my plants in also. Sorry about your weather, we could share the rain, funny how that works- drought and flood within such short distances. Dannelle

Anonymous said...

hoping the Internet gets fixed soon! I know how hard that is to be without it; whenever it is up and running again and you are able to post the next part of your story; I'll be eagerly reading it

wise move about postponing planting because of the storm (and what a storm!!)

enjoy the day :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Then again, you can always use how you managed to blog in spite of this massive technoconspiracy against your as proof of your problem-solving skills.

Anonymous said...

Hi hon, I'm so sorry about your "connection" it can be a royal pain in the rear end and I really, really hope that they get your problem whatever it may be that they can fix it.  Your plants sound very nice :)  Hugz*** Teresa

Anonymous said...

There's a lot of frustration going around these days.  Hope Sunday is better for you.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope they fix the computer soon. It's very frustrating.

Anonymous said...

My internet connection hasn't been the greatest lately, either, and I had a creative and long post done, it took awhile to do it, and of course when I hit to save it didn't work...grrrr...I think there's something in the air, and it ain't something good!
 Hope it gets fixed soon!  But it just goes to show, it's always something!
     Joyce

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your internet is down!  Very annoying... Ouch for your neck and back too.  {{{ hugs }}}

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having internet trouble.  I can certainly relate on some level, with the virus I have on my desktop PC.  I can't get into much of anything on it at the moment, and it's very frustrating.  

Hope by now things are better!

Michelle