Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Breaking News!

   Traffic came to a screeching halt earlier this morning in Downtown Smalltown Northern Michigan.  The cause of the delay was reported by this eyewitness minutes ago.

    " Well there I was, returning home from giving Potsey a ride to work-he's lost his keys again, the putz.  Anyways, here I am tooling down South 5th Street, when I notice brake lights directly in front of me.  I slowed and prepared to stop, the speed demon behind me doing the same thing-lucky me!  When I spyed the cause of the stopped traffic(from both directions), I burst out laughing.  It was like a little parade, badly lined up and moving slowly.  Apparently too slowly for the irritated driver in front of me, who laid on his horn.  Well that (of course) caused confusion in the line crossing the street, some of them turning around and trying to retreat to the side they had just exited.  Well, the added delay became too much for "Mr. Road Rage in the Big SUV".  He proceeded to inch his way forward, causing more destruction of the parade line, scattering the participants around and behind him as well as further afield into both lanes of traffic.  Much to the dismay of the other drivers, who up till this point had been patiently waiting for the roadway to clear, the delay continued.  It lasted no more than 2 minutes, but under the circumstances, a very long 2 minutes.  Finally, the parade has divided to both sides of the street and traffic resumed it's normal pace.  After wiping my eyes from laughing so hard, I proceeded to my turn a half-block along the street and noticed another parade forming.  Some participants, not in any hurry to get moving, continued to scratch the ground and ignore the obvious leader who was chasing some of them into line.  Ah well, more traffic tie-ups have been predicted by this eye-witness, as I drive on down my block, to the safety of  my own driveway."   The cause of all this commotion?  Wild Turkeys out for Breakfast in Downtown Smalltown Northern Michigan! 

   I was considering what to start this journal entry with while I was returning from dropping Potsey off at work, when this real life joke on humanity unfolded before my very own eyes.  This time of year, they're everywhere, searching for the added fat layers to warmthem through the winter months.  And yes, these flocks(?) of turkeys can number in the dozens (50-60), and no, you don't want to honk the horn at them, as they are crossing the road.  They will scatter and lengthen the time you have to wait for the road to clear. 

  I am doing better, still mourning the fact that I can't go to the concert, but in a lighter frame of mind.  And actually plotting some sneaky scheming.(she snickers wickedly)  Maybe I should phrase this as an ommision of  recent developments, but(hehe) I got my client and the lost hours, and pay, back.  Yay!  The agency that she was supposed to have provide services, has declined to accept her as a client.  Arrangements have been made for family members to assist her.  Anyway, things are back to normal, paywise.  And the ommision of current developments?  I'm not telling anyone here at home!  That's right, they think I'll be pretty much broke, and contributing their fair share, now.  If I was really evil, I'd let them foot more than that, but that overbearing angel on my shoulder won't allow me to be that unfair.(Bitch)  I'm gonna get my books, my CD's, and some treats for me, sock some money away, and continue the charade, till I'm damn good and ready to change the situation.  I really did have a serious discussion about this with Bro and he admitted that after being out of cash for so long, it felt good to be a little irresponsible.  But yes, he would take on more of the financial responsibilty, also informing Potsey that he's got to pay up on the cable and his share of expenses.  So, sshhh, the joke's on them.

   I've got to go get ready for work, adding a sweatshirt as more normal temperatures for this time of year have arrived, along with some rain.   Just thought I'd give you the Breaking News!  Thanks for stopping by.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!  :O)

Anonymous said...

Hey... there is no reason they need to know, Leigh!!!  It was time for them to STOP and to start paying their fair share... and they should from now on - period.  Of course, barring any emergencies...but really!  

Wild turkeys!!  Too funny!!!  

I am really glad that things are better for you now!!!  {{{ hugs and love }}}}

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you are in a good mood.  Fun story and description of those turkeys.  Gobble Gobble!  Keep smiling!  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Good for you Leigh!! And your secret is safe with me hehehhe...smiles...Lovins...TrayCee