Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thankful Thursday and a Meme

   I can't believe that it's been over a week since I've written.  I kept meaning to, had to leave for work, was too tired to make sense, it's too early to think straight, can't think of much to say, etc.  Actually, I've been in kind of a funk lately, most of the time.  Then the mood would pass and I'd be like, okay I'm feeling better now.  The moodiness just kept returning, and things just kept getting me down.  I have other journals for the pity parties, but didn't write much there, either.  Things have just been getting me down.  But enough of that for now. 

My Thankful Thursday list this week includes-

1. Friday being payday and tomorrow.  I hate being this broke! ;(  And I'm almost out of Coffee.

2. Coffee-of course.  Yes, I'm a caffeine addict.

3. Beautiful weather.  It's been sunny and warm, perfect clothes on the line days.  And then they smell SO good!

4. Fall colors.  They're just gorgeous right now, and make my drive to and from client's homes more enjoyable. 

5. The friend that will be lending me the 7th Harry Potter book.  I recently finished book 6 and can't wait till I can afford to buy it to read it, so she's bringing it over as soon as she's done.  Thanks Deb.

6. Being able to keep these moods I've been going through under control, and basically to myself.  I don't want to start any major wars here at home-yet!

   And now a meme!  This was done last week by the Princesss of Meme's at Carpe Diem.  The Ten Things you've been putting off.  As a disclaimer, I'd just like to say that I am a terrible procrastinator.  Then all of a sudden, I go on a get it all done binge, and have so many things going on that I just.......(chaos)

1. Doing this entry.  Half of the time, I just write on the fly and have to be in the right frame of mind to sit here and let my mind go.

2. Washing the inside windows of my car.  They are Yucko, but I Hate washing windows, anywhere.

3. Moving the furniture inmy room.  I do have a good reason for that.  I have been working 2 or 3 short shifts a day and they're broken up.  I might start at 6:30am and work 7 or 8 hours in a 13 hour period with a couple breaks of an hour or two.  Right now, in order to get my hours in, I don't even have any days off.  Some days I might only work 3 hours, but add in laundry, errands, other cleaning, and of course the shift is right in the middle of that day. 

4. Going to the eye doctor.  I haven't been in a couple years, but can't afford it right now.  I wear reading glasses, am far-sighted, but don't think it's changed much.

5. Getting my filebox organized.  I Hate paperwork, too.  I just kind of shove things in, till they won't shove any more.

6. Shaving my legs.  Oh, don't start-I'm going on 52 and have hardly any hair on my legs and no man to impress.  So ;(~

7. Getting out the winter comforter.  I will be doing this, washing it and hanging it out on the line.  I'm just not ready to put it on the bed yet.

8. Getting on the scales.  I've been indulging in some comfort foods lately and really am not ready to see what the damage is.

9. All kinds of little things that I put off till the last minute, laundry till there's only one pair of socks(TMI), getting the mail-none of the good stuff is ever for me, going to the grocery store, leaving for work, etc.

10. I really think I've run out of things to list.  Can I put this last one off till later????

   Well, if I want this to actually be posted on Thursday, I'd best  get moving.  Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone.  Thanks for stopping by....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a great weekend also!!!
tina

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard sometimes to find the time to write or things to write about.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend! : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Coffee is a priority ~ just as, a bright and real journal is another! I find when I visit depressing or the "Same ol' Same ol'  Down and Out"  types of journals, seem to want to attack my mood. I click the BIG red X and find the positive in everyday along with everything I am given.  Things WILL seem brigher and your tomorrow Will bring you many reasons to smile.. my friend.  Take care and enjoy you and yours always,
Katie

Anonymous said...

LOL... I understand the funk... I sit down and think... who would want to read this?  I am glad you did though... you are working so much!  I am sure that is really taking a toll on you!!!  {{{ Leigh }}}  I am putting off a lot of what you are too... lol

Coffee... yum!!!!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Oh how I know that kind of funk!! Well no matter what you decide to write is somehow an interest to me so keep posting hehehhe. I have many chores on my chore list of to do's and I too am the biggest procastinatr!!! I eventually get to the most of them but it takes a lot of mind coaxing...hehehe...smiles...
                                                                                                      Lovins...
                                                                                                      TrayCee

Anonymous said...

So glad to see a new entry..I thought you'd fallen of the earth!

I just write all the time, whatever pops into my head (whether it makes sense to anyone else or not.).

Once again, I see coffee has made the list (twice). I think you should just assign it a permanent spot.

Things Ihave been putting off? LOL!
I put EVERYTHING off. I realized a while back, it takes roughly 3 weeks between the time I think of something and actually doing it.


Have a good weekend. I think we are going to the SwampFest.

Don't stay away so long!!!!
         
                             Sunny




Anonymous said...

First of all I wanted to say "thank you" for visiting my journal :)  I appreciated the comment you left and I am glad that I left you with somewhat of a good impression LOL.  I hope I did anyway : x  
I'm the same way about writing... lately, or rather in the past couple months I have been having a intense problem with my focus; makes it very hard to write...with work and everything else that goes on it isn't on my mind all the time.  I will be driving to work or something and think ::: gee, I should write about that in my journal::: yet I don't - life gets in the way and my moods also!
I have put your journal in my fav's and put a alert in too so I know when you do write... I enjoy your writing.  
Blessings,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

This had nothing to do with your entry but I LOVE your colors.  Very classic Christmas.  LOVE IT!
mj