Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rambling thoughts, tonight.

   I don't know why I pick out a Font and Size, this computer never(okay, hardly ever) does what I want it to anyway...

   I survived the whole concert episode.  Not very well, but survived it.  Potsey and Deuce(his cousin on his mom's side) went.  That's right, on top of everything else, I came home from work to find out that they went(insert very BAD language here).  The nasty inner child in me wants to scream about how unfair this all has been,  and to express my feelings.  But, nah, I'm not going to lower myself.  I'm going to remember the advice that my (ex)stepmother gave to me, and actually apply it in this instance.  Her advice came to me on my pending move to Ohio, and meeting my future husbands family (who in the end weren't worth it).  She said "Be nice, don't be yourself".   And one of the mottos I've always tried to live by comes to mind right now-If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  This definitely applies here.  Right now, they're out at the bonfire, and I'd love to go outside and sit by the fire, but I just can't trust myself to keep my dignity.  So, I thought I'd post an entry.  Then, I'm going to go soak in the tub, use my new body butter all over, it's called Country Pear and has a lovely fragrance.  Then go to bed.  I have a 6:30am shift and the extra sleep will do me good.  IF I can get to sleep and stay that way till 4:30 or 5:00am. 

   I tried to take care of some errands yesterday afternoon without much luck, so I went to Walmart and spent some money on myself.  :)  I tried to go get my license plates, but there was like 12 people waiting and I only had 2 hours to do things and shop.  I've got till Tuesday, so I'll try again on Monday or Tuesday.   I tried to go pay my car insurance, but the agent took yesterday off-left a nice note on the door, but... :(   Failing at the important stuff, I went and did my grocery shopping and then hit the aisles with treats for me!  I got 2 CD's, one of them was on sale so I had enough for both of them.  Then I found the aforementioned body butter and a light cologne spray to match.  It's very fresh and light.  I bought a new eyeliner pencil, but have to wait for the eyeshadow I want till next week.  Also, next week, I'm ordering a couple of the books I've been waiting to get.  Remember, I now have extra money that I AM NOT paying in at the house. (she snickers, wickedly)  No, I am not going to feel guilty about this, either. 

   No new turkey sightings, but I did see a couple deer on my way to work this morning.  I always hold my breath till I get past them, fearing a meeting of tragic proportions.  One of my readers left a comment about one of those turkeys for Thanksgiving.  Nope, have you ever heard the expression "she's a tough old bird"?  Well, that's what this would be.  Tough.  These birds put on alot of miles in search of sustinence.  I'll take one of the grain-fed stand around in a pen all day, birds over wild any day.  Most of the hunters that take a turkey only want to keep the carcass-stuff it with the tail all fanned out.  More a trophy than dinner.  Whatever. 

   I've been having trouble leaving comments on other journals, so if you haven't seen one from me, it's not that I haven't visited, it's just this poor old puter acting up.  I just hope that I can get this entry to post.  One of these days, I'm seriously going to have to try to find a better one.  Or something.

   Well, I hear the bathtub calling me, so I'll close this for now.  Thanks for stopping by.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have eaten wild turkey breast several times that my ex husband had killed.  it was the best turkey I had ever had.  not dry at all.  and I was very leery of it.
but, that may be based on where they feed and all of that....
like I mentioned before, you just don't see those things parading around town here.....
lol
have a great night
tina

Anonymous said...

Maybe the one I ate was just that "a tough 'old' bird"  or maybe it was just cooked wrong...  I may have to try again,  if I get brave enough.  My cousin and her husband hunt them.  Who knows...
                               

Anonymous said...

I've never eaten Wild Turkey but I may have drunk it once or twice......

                           :-)

                       Sunny

Anonymous said...

This is very confusing....you WON tickets to the concert and you didn't get to go and Potsey and Deuce had to BUY tickets and they went????> I don't understand.

                        :-(
                             Sunny

Anonymous said...

Try to put this concert thing behind you, all it is doing is upsetting you.  It is over and done with now.  Go out and find some Turkeys!!  LOL  Have a good Sunday and make it a happy one.  Smile : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they went... wrong.  But, I am glad that they are all paying their fair share of the rent and bills.  Why should you have to pay more than that?  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Well I am very happy that you went and splurged on some stuff for yourself!! I love splurging hehehe. I am having trouble with AOL and posting entries for some reason I post and they disappear and I understand it isn't just me, hehehe good to know. Anyway I hope that at least I get the comment to post hense the reason for not leaving a comment in all your recent entries, however I did read them and enjoyed them. Have a wonderful hump day...smiles...
                                                                                                 Lovins...
                                                                                                 TrayCee