Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Day After the Night Before...

::sigh::  I could be having sex right now...  Oh wait, wrong journal!   Hehehe.  

   Hi there, I'm going to be brave and attempt to get this entry in before work.  Hopefully, "they" have gotten the hiccups in the system fixed, and this will post. 

   Yesterday was my 52nd Birthday.  I didn't say anything about it, wasn't in the frame of mind to really celebrate much.  I was hoping to just let it slip by as quietly as possible.  Things were still kind of tense here at home and well......  sometimes when I expect good things to happen they don't.  Yesterday was a normal workday for me with the exception of going to the Secretary of State office for my license plate renewal.  Some of us have to get new plates this year and I was dreading to see what the plate number was going to be.  I never memorized the old one.  To this day, I have a slip of paper in my wallet so that I could copy it.  I really lucked out.  I have a plate numbber that I'll be able to remember and was in and out of there in like 15 minutes!!!

   I got a couple nice little gifts from the clients that knew it was my birthday and a call from my son.  Pretty much all that I expected.  I got home, and !surprise! there on the table was a cake(Chocolate!) and cards and a pint of Southern Comfort.   We had a little party, I drank about 3/4 of the pint and things are better here, now.   Don't get me wrong, Bro and Potsey still drive me over the edge, piss me off, confound me, aggravate me, irritate me, but they're my closest family, expect for my Son.   And I love them.  I have to Thank them for the very nice gesture, it was just right!

   I wanted to write about some of my experiences in my life, but couldn't find a way to express them that I was comfortable with.  Then I came upon the idea of a story or essay(way).  Writing in the third person is a new experience for me.  Very different, looking at her(me) with a more objective eye.  As I was sitting in the restaurant after breakfast yesterday(my birthday gift to me), I just started scribbling, very disjointed thoughts, episodes of my life.  I  guess I need to bone up on the writing process alittle and see what comes out of this.  I never pictured myself as any kind of writer, and I think this is as far as the urge will go.  Just writing here.  If I get out of hand, just let me know. 

   It's time to go get ready for work.  Just wanted to share(maybe TMI in that first sentence) some of my thoughts this morning.  Thanks for stopping by.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Happy Birthday a day late!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you..a day late.
Mine is on the 26th and I will be 59. (I WISH it was 52!)

Good luck with the writing.
Keeping a hand written journal is very important, so you took a good first step.
And writing essays about your experiences is great practice.  Wrire, write write!! There's a bunch of good web sites you can check out that have suggestions and excercises. I will send them to you if you like.  
Keep it up,. Do it for yourself. You will find it very satisfying.

Have a good day
Looking forward to your work.....you seem like a very sensitive soul.

                    Sunny

Anonymous said...

Happy Very Birthday Libra Twin!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear Leigh!!!  I am so happy that you had a good day with lots of rememberances... especially the one from Bro and Potsey!  

I love your writing in the third person... it really is a cool perspective...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY DEAR LEIGH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Ok so I am a little off tune but I am a shower singer at best hehhee. Sorry but I loved the beginning of this entry hehehe. Keep writing and you are very good at it!! Keep posting that is what you are here for and what we are here for. I love your entries. You are an amazing woman!!!! Hope your B-day was special...smiles...
                                                                                         Lovins...
                                                                                         TrayCee

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.  I want to hear more about the sex you could be having! LOL  What are you going to do with the other 1/4 of a pint?  Have a good Thursday sweetie.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can relate to your frame of mind. I'm glad that there was a surprise waiting for you at home. Those unexpected gestures make such a difference!