Thursday, October 11, 2007

More Turkeys and Thankfuls

   That's right, just like the Subject line says-More Turkeys.  No funny stories to go along with them, just the turkeys.  On my way to work, I saw 2 more, much smaller "flocks" of turkeys,  they all stayed along the side of the road, thankfully.  I had no time for parades.  After that shift, I returned home for lunch and a couple hour break.  When I left for my late afternoon shift, I saw 27 turkeys on the lawn at the Community Center across the street.  Yeah, I counted them.  I don't think I've ever seen that many turkeys in one day. 

   Potsey didn't find his keys till this evening.  He had taken them to the woods, when he went hunting night before last.  They had fallen out of his friends truck.  He was so lucky to find them today.  The putz. 

   My Thankful Thursday goes like this-

1. Getting my hours back at work.  SSSHHHHH, don't tell(yet)

2. The cooler weather that has finally arrived.  Now, it's time for  sweatshirts, chili and cornbread, and hot spiced cider!  Yay!

3. My CD collection.  I've been listening to alot of them that I haven't heard in awhile.  I do miss the radio, though.  Come on Saturday.

4. All my friends and readers who left so many thoughtful comments.  It really means alot to me. 

5. And last but not least, yes Sunny here it is again, Coffee.  Actually, it's instant cappachino this week.  Dark Rich Chocolate.  Yummy.

   I had an early shift this morning, so I'm signing off and turning in.  It may mean that I'm up early tomorrow, but I'm beat tonight.  Thanks for stopping by.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we don't see wild turkeys too often here at all. we have them, but they don't come out and mingle with the rest of us!
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

Great thankfuls!!!  I  missed it... I will do it tomorrow!  

It's turkey madness up by you!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Are you going to get yourself one of those turkeys for Thanksgiving? LOL  That chili and cornbread sure sounds good.  Send me some of that cider.  I wish we had those kinds of seasons here.  Have a nice Friday. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm.. coffeeeee. Goooood

                            :-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen as many turkeys this year....they must all be by you LOL

Michele