Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Time for an entry!

Well, Greetings!!                                                                                   I'm very happy to be able to join you this afternoon.  I have the rest of the day off.  It's a rare treat.  I've been scheduled 7 days a week for the last month or so and this is the closest thing to a day off, so I'm treating myself to some extra computer time.  I usually work in the morning and then have 4 hours off in the early afternoon, so that's when I head to the library.  After that I have a 3 hour shift in the evening, 4pm to 7pm.  But usually one day a week, every other week it's on Sunday, I only have one morning shift.  That's today, this week. 

    Well, it looks as though the computer at the house will remain non-functioning.  Because of thin doors, and male voices that "carry", I've discovered that my brother is glad it no longer works, and that my nephew had no intentions of getting it repaired.(it's his computer)  I'm really the only one who used it the majority of the time, so it's not important to them.  If it had been the TV or the X-Box that would have been a whole different story.  Expressing my disappointment and hurt at the fact that they think so little of me is a fruitless endeavor, but I'm just so Pissed that I could Spit.  I actually had a more somber entry planned and prewritten, but the heck with that.  It was depressing and I'm not really in a depressed mood.  I've decided to go ahead, save my money, get a used computer, pay for my own internet connection, and keep it in my room.  I've written down exactly what I will pay for rent and utilities, what I won't be paying for anymore(cable internet connection), and that if they don't like it-if that is not enough-I'll go find someplace else to live.  Actually I can't do that, because my name is on the lease and if theyscrew up, the landlord can hold me responsible.  So I pretty much have to bide my time, see how things go over the winter, get my computer and plan on whether I'll be leaving Aug 1st, 2008.  There aren't really that many places around here that I could afford, so..... 

    Other than that there really hasn't been too much going on in my life.  My car is running well, the gas prices piss me off, I need an oil change.  I've been working about 36 to 40 hours a week, so I'll be able to put some money away and maybe have a laptop by the first of the year.  I talked to my Son the other night, he's doing well.  His work at school and his job, plus the extra work he does for the Art Dept. head, keep him more than busy.  He's happy doing the things he loves, and I am so glad for him.  Actually he said he's been too busy, as one of the things he's been working on was some set decoration for a play group that is visiting the area(Cleveland-Akron).  He may get to go on the road with them over the summer, with the possibility of going to Europe.  Wow, that's an opportunity he'll want to see come to fruition.  I'm very proud of him. 

    I feel sorry for the Trick-or-Treaters tonight.  It's cold and drizzly here.  With the temperatures expected to only be in the 40's the next couple of days, I guess it's time to drag out the jackets, and get the boots in the car with my winter emergency kit.  I spend alot of time on the road, even though I usually only drive about 15 miles away, lots of it is empty road with very few houses.  And the cell phone reception isn't always great in some of those areas. 

    I guess that's about it for now.  This seems kind of short, and it's been so long since I have done an entry-6 days-I wanted to write a nice long "letter".   Maybe I'll go find a meme to do and have 3 entries in one day!  Thanks for stopping by, and I promise that I'll get a routine down and write more.....

                                                Happy Halloween,  Leigh

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Meet Leigh!  Have you thought about Aaron's Rent a Center or someplace like that?  they have really nice computers you can rent to own and they are warrantied while you are paying for it! Check it out... they have regular P.C's and laptops also... I'm glad you wrote.  Blessings, Teresa

Anonymous said...

Leigh, i bought my laptop from HSN and bought it on "flex-pay"....they were divided up into 4 payments....now its all mine...just a thought, I really like my gateway!

Hopefully, I will be joining the employed world very soon!!!!!
hugs
tina

Anonymous said...

Sorry your computer is not working. I know not having it is maddening. And it also sound like the men in your life are equally maddening. It's not fair that they have that attitiude towards the things that are important to you.

I agree about gas prices. They have gone up almost 30 cents in two weeks.

Glad to see you got to a computer...(I agree with your plan to save and buy one of your own. I would avoid those rental things. You would wind up paying two or three times as much. They are predatory and are out to make a huge profit.)

Good luck.....sorry you had a drizzly Halloween.
Hope you can add some more entries soon.

                                  Sunny

Anonymous said...

Gas prices suck.  They are over $3 a gallon here and have been.  Sorry about the computer.  Maybe you can get a used one somewhere or save for a new one.  I know around Christmas time they usually have really good deals on PC's.

Allison

Anonymous said...

I hope you find a computer soon..the computer repair shops are good for that..they rebuild computers and sell them very reasonable...
Have a good day today..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I could smack your brother and nephew up one side of the house and down the other!!!!  Ack!

Eww I hate rainy halloweens!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/