Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Tuesday!!!

   Well, like the subject says, Happy Tuesday!  SSHHH... Don't tell anyone, but I've got the house to myself this morning!  So, I have the computer, the music and the fans all to myself.  That hasn't really happened since we moved in here, not for more than an hour or so.  I'm likin' it. 

    I haven't really written much lately, so I thought I'd catch up a little bit here.  Bro went back to work for the first time since July 3rd yesterday.  Everyone he comes in contact with has to "see the scar".  He got lots of sympathy and attention.  He said his muscles are sore, but that's to be expected, as he drives a big truck for an excavation company and has to keep his left hand on the wheel, turning corners and stuff.   One down.  Potsey has a full day at his job.  He's a meat apprentice at the local grocery store.  And that's two.  Me?  I don't have to work till this afternoon at 4.  This was originally my day off, but a new client was added to my list.  So it's mostly a day off.  And that's three. 

    I was witness to a beautiful sunset on my drive home from work last night.  In my rearview mirror, there was the orange sun and every color of yellow, orange and red in the clouds.  Out my windshield, was the moon rising, the darker blue of darkness beginning to set in and a few whispy clouds tinged pinks and whites.  It's times like this I wish I was more artistic or at least had some photography skill.  But the artistic gene seems to have skipped a generation in my family.  My mom and Son were and are the artists and photographers. (heavy sigh)  

  We've had a few hotter days, but cool nights, so I just dont know how to dress when I leave for work in the morning.  I wear shorts and a tee shirt, but take along a button up shirt for homes that are still cool, then put on a sweatshirt cause it's just too cool without one.  By the end of the day I have an armload of clothes to carry in from the car.  Yesterday Bro asked me why I'd changed clothes three times, well no, just adding and subtracting them.  Some days I'm gone from 6am till 7:30pm or later. 

   We had a bonfire Saturday night for the Last Night of Summer celebration.  What a great send-off that was!  We could hear the boys(Potsey and buddies) yelling at the college football games in the house, running out to give us frequent updates.  We cooked hotdogs over the fire, Bro smoked some salmon-absolutely Yummy, and for dessert?  Well, burnt marshmellows over the fire, of course.  The fire was so hot that when I got up Sunday morning to welcome Autumn, there were still some warm coals.  I know, you shouldn't leave the fire unattended, but this firepit is huge and surrounded by sand for about 5 yards in all directions.  For those unfamiliar with Michigan soils, sand is the main ingredient pretty much everywhere. There were only about two hours where no-one was out there, the boys had to finish off the hotdogs and marshmellows in the wee hours of the morning-after the games were done.

    I'm still working in my bedroom.  Something just doesn't feel right, so now I'm seriously considering moving the furniture around.  I just haven't figured out how and still make everything fit comfortably.  I'll have to play with it on paper first, don't want to have to do it more than this one time.  Does anyone have any Feng Shui tips?  Maybe a trip to the library to find a book. 

    Well, I'm signing off from this for now,  I'm going to have an early lunch, and then go take some measurements in the bedroom.  Thanks for stopping by....                              Leigh

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I was witness to a beautiful sunset on my drive home from work last night.  In my rearview mirror, there was the orange sun and every color of yellow, orange and red in the clouds.  Out my windshield, was the moon rising, the darker blue of darkness beginning to set in and a few whispy clouds tinged pinks and whites. "

Excuse me, my dear, but you are selling yourself short. Anyone who can write such a lovely description of the sky has a better developed artistic sense than she thinks.  You should take a writing class to hone and focus your, skills, or maybe take a lot of pictures without trying so hard to be artistic. Even if 1 in 40 or 50 is "good" you'll probably have a ratio as good as most professionals. (Those fotos you see in a gallery are the best out of thousands shot...)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your "Alone or aka: Me" time and the rest of the day that follows. Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the furniture moving... I love to do that... but I like to move it all the different ways to get the feel of it!  LOL  

Enjoy your alone time... Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun having the house to yourself for a few. It's always a pleasure.  I love bonfires. Happy that your brother is doing better.

Anonymous said...

I love having the house and the TV and the computer all to myself every now and then.
My days are Wednesdays when hubby goes out with his friends...
Have a good day.

                Sunny
         our bonfire got rained out  :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got time to yourself, everyone needs that.  It really sounds like you have a wonderful time on Saturday . . . sounds like so much fun.  Have a happy hump day tomorrow.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the visit and comment.  What an encouragement for my first post!  Thought I'd return the favor.  Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend -- bonfires are wonderful fun.

As far as feng shui for your bedroom, you might want to try making sure your bed is situated so that when you're lying down, your head points northwest.  If you're going through a difficult time, that helps draw the best energies for you.  Also I've found simplicity really helps.  Not too much furniture or other items, few mirrors, and green plants.  I've studied a little feng shui, but I surely know my surroundings strongly effect the way I get along.

Very best to you, and keep in touch!