Saturday, September 1, 2007

~My First Interview on my 1 month anniversary as a "Blogger"

   Woo Hoo, I've been here publicly for one whole month!  For awhile there, I wasn't sure, but I'm really enjoying myself and I have met some really terrific folks.  Thanks, all.

    Now, for my interview.  Jackie at Hope Floats was interviewed, and then asked for comments from others that wanted to be interviewed.  I volunteered.  I've had to work quite long hours this weekend, which gave me time to consider my answers.  So, here are my questions and answers.

1. Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed,and will die in a month.  They beg you to give them poison so that they can die.  Would you?   No.  I couldn't do that.  I've had experience with exactly this level of illness, my mother wasted away from cancer when I was 12, her grace and dignity taught me a great deal about the preciousness of life at any level.  My husband was ill with MS for over 20 years, I took care of him at home for 16 years, till his medical needs were more than we could provide at home.  I  Would offer as much love, compassion, and companionship as possible, hand-holding to the end.

2. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?  If me as the other person, was the same type of personality that I am,(confused yet?) Yes.  If however, I had a more superficial personality, maybe not.  I am a very quiet, reserved person when you first meet me.  Not one of the beautiful people, so you have to be willing to look past looks.  Once you do, I am more open, and a pretty nice person. 

3. Are you happy?  REALLY Happy?   This question is the hardest for me to answer.  No.  I am reasonably happy, fulfilled in my work, comfortable where I live, doing some of the things I enjoy doing.  At this point in my life, I have alot of self searching to do.  I haven't gotten my act together as much as I'd like.  But every day, I get closer to finding my place in life, my self-acceptance.  Someday, I Will be REALLY Happy.  I know it.

4. What single piece of advice has helped you the most in life, and who gave it to you?   And this one was the easiest to answer.  Despite the fact that I HATE to give this woman credit for anything in my life, I'd have to say the best advice I ever got was from my ex-step-mother, Betty(insert the wicked stepmother from Cinderella here).  When I was moving to Ohio and getting married, the last thing she said to me, before I left, was, "Be Nice, Don't be Yourself."  There is obviously a very long, convoluted story that goes along with this answer, not one I am going to tell here.  But I have always made it a point to be MYSELF, just to be defiant one last time.  :)  Take that Betty. 

5. Cats or Dogs?   Dogs, BIG dogs.  My first memory of a pet is an Irish Setter, named Mike.  Oddly enough, my husband's name was Mike.  (OOPS, side tracked there)  We had Collies, Black Labs, and I've had an English Sheepdog mixed breed that talked to me.  My grandmother had a chihuahua, that they had to close in the bedroom, because he was a little ankle biter.  Now, I'm sure most smaller dogs are very nice, but......

    Okay, that was fun!  Who wants to be next?  If you would like to be interviewed-

1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview Me"

2. I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions.  I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your journal with a post containing your answers to the questions.

4.  You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.

    Come on, put your thinking caps on and join in the fun.  thanks for stopping by!   Leigh

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, it flows well and is interesting. Sorry for the loss of your husband. Be well.

Anonymous said...

I liked your answers.  Very real and very much honest.  I'm glad you would be there to support a dying person not assist in a suicide, that is so good to me.  Have a fantastic Sunday.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Wow interesting stuff......
Okay... I'm game: You can interview me.
Go for it. Do I get points for creativity?

                      Sunny

Anonymous said...

I object to the premise of the question of "poisoning" a loved one. What happens in reality, 95% of the time, is that the family member is only asked to allow the level of the morphine administered to go high enough to suppress breathing; (and the doctor does it) this when to shorten the dying process from a long, painful week or two to one or two days. I have done that twice, AT THE REQUEST OF THE DYING PERSON in terrible pain. This is a FAR FAR cry than the active "poisoning" of someone months before they might otherwise die, a request which is far rarer than you'd imagine watching sensational Dateline episodes.

Anonymous said...

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I would love for you to interview me!!!!  And, I loved your interview.  I love you being yourself!  It is working online, too... so there, Betty!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hey

Just want to update you incase you didnt hear..... I am over here now

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow480/ChristophersJournal/

Dont forget to add me back to your alerts!!

xoxoxoxox,
Christopher

Anonymous said...

wow! those were intense questions!  I'm still trying to think up the questions I'm giving to the people who wanted to play along on my site.  That Jackie's mind goes a mile a minute! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey there...I'm new to your journal. My own journal is just a month old now, as well. :)

If you get a chance, I'd love to play along, so please...Interview Me!

Anonymous said...

Interview me.  -Dawn-