Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday Woes

   If you're reading this, I'm lucky!!   I've got a dreadful case of old computeritis today.  My browser keeps freezing up, and I'm having to restart way too often to attempt the entry I WAS going to try and post this evening.  I asked Indigo at "Raven's Lament" to interview me, and having given my answers careful consideration, was prepared to post the interview.  Pardon my blunt language, but no way in Hell am I going to try.  I may have to go to the library to use one of their computers to do this.  I'll have to have Potsey take a look at this poor old thing and see what he can do, but they were out scouting deer blind sites this evening and are just getting around to eating dinner.  So that'll have to wait till later. 

    So, here I am with not much to write about.  I've been working more hours lately, but not enough.  Bro is almost ready to go back to work, elbow is working better, but is Very ugly.  He's got almost full range of motion back.  Anyway, things are pretty broke around here.  So, I have to wait to order my books, there are some CD's coming out that I want and I'll have to wait for those, too.  I'm not good at waiting when I want something like that.

    Deer tracks in the sandy driveway, eyes glowing on the side of the road as I drive to work in the mornings, turkeys and their chicks parading across the highway as they search for their supper.  These are some of the signs of the season that we don't always think about.  Mother Nature's creatures are preparing for the long cold winter that isn't far off.  The boys(Bro, Potsey,and Duece) are getting their bows tuned up, hunting clothes and fishing gear out in preparation for their fall rituals of filling the freezer.  Another sign of the changing season.

    I left a comment on Sunny's journal "Happy Thoughts" http://journals.aol.com/hpycmpr155/HappyThoughts/

that reminded my of another fall ritual from my childhood.  She had asked where we would go on a Wednesday Wandering.  I said I'd wander up to the Mackinac Bridge and then down the Lake Michigan shoreline.  We used to do this when I was a child.  The traditional fall color tour.  The foliage is only at about 25% color right now, but it won't take long.  This is a picture postcard drive.  Hills that allow you to see for miles.  Not only do you get to see the fall colors, but the big blue Lake Michigan is your background.  And then there's that magnificent bridge.  It's an amazing sight in any season, day or night. 

   Well, it seems that my mind is what wandered tonight.  Hopefully, I'll get my interview entry posted in the next couple of days.  If you're still here, I made it all the way through this entry-a very good sign.

   Thanks for stopping by.......           Leigh

  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Autumn.  Being here in California the weather never changes too much, it does get cooler, but none of those things you mentioned are found here. : (   I can't wait to see your answers to Indigo's questions, it seems she has good questions to ask.  Have a good day tomorrow.

Allison

Anonymous said...

You weren't alone.
That computeritis you had must have been catchy because I was having problems too. Everytime I would try and pull up a website, I'd be left with a blank screen.
I got stuck in a loop that even "ALT Control Delete" wouldn't stop and I wound up having to shut the computer down. I did manage to get on my journals and I did get your comment. Maybe it wasn'tt your computer ... maybe it was AOL.

Hope you have a better day today.
Good luck.

             Sunny

Anonymous said...

We're planning a trip to Michigan in October when my brother comes for a visit - I would love to take this ride - I'll e-mail you and see if you can give me some directions - Sure would appreciate it! Hope your today is an enjoyable one!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey!  Your entry is here!  Yay!  I have heard that Mackinac Bridge and all is breathtaking... someday!  

I hope your computer behaves and you get your cd's soon!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

My boys are gearing up for the hunting season as well...Bows are tuned tree stands and blinds in place...they are more than ready to fill a few freezers on this end of the world as well...Much luck to your guys...smiles...
                                                                                                 Lovins...
                                                                                                 TrayCee