Thursday, September 6, 2007

~Some catching up and Thankful Thursday~

    I haven't taken the time to post an entry in almost a week.  Kind of a writer's block going on.  I wanted to make sure and post my Thankful Thursday, but we'll have to call it "Thankful Wee Hours of Friday Morning".  It's fast approaching midnite. 

I'm Thankful for-

1. A busier schedule at work.  I worked all weekend and will have holiday pay for Monday.  :$ 

2. Having yesterday off.   It was sunny and hot and the perfect day to close out swimming season.  The weather is turning cooler this weekend.  A day I thoroughly enjoyed.

3. Coffee.  I've had some way too early morning shifts this week, and without the nectar of the coffee bean, I'd never have made it!

4. My erratic eating habits of the last couple weeks.  I got on the scale and discovered lower numbers, by 6 lbs.  Not the diet I would endorse for any length of time, but sometimes I just develope strange tastes.

5. I stopped at the thrift store and found a really fabulous purple fleece jacket for my morning walks.  Practically brand new and only $3.

    I was driving to one of my shifts today and noticed that fall colors are starting to sneak into some of the maples.  As much as I Love summer, fall is such a beautiful time of year.

    Dawn at Carpe Diem did a meme tonite using the letters of your middle name to describe yourself.  Since she tagged everyone for this, I'm handing in my homework now.  I use my middle name as my alter ego.  So...... Leigh.

L. I listen to music as much as possible.  Sometimes, I leave the radio on all night.

E. Eccentric.  That's what I want to be when I get old!  That way I can get away with all kinds of fun things.  ;)

I. I can be impulsive at times.  Especially when I am faced with chores I really want to avoid, or just get the inspiration to change my plans, nice days are one of my weaknesses.  Not always good at thinking things through.  And I'm a Libra, someone who thinks things to death, weighing both sides of a situation-Usually.

G. The only thing I can think of here is that Dark Greens have always been my favorite colors.  They're very soothing to me.

H. Being a Home Health Aide has chosen me as a profession.  Not really what I had pictured doing, but it's what I know how to do-well.  Once a friend called me a healer-someone who always wants to heal others hurts, be the shoulder to cry on, the listener. 

     So there you have it. A little about my week and some more about me.   Sleep tight, or should I say Good Morning? ? ?  Anyway, thanks for stopping by... 

   

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a libra too. Exhausting, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

so nice to hear from you again.. I was afraid you'd fallen off the earth.
Your thoughts for Thursday are very nice. It sounds like you have plenty to be thankful for in your life.
I LOVE thrift stores too. We have one of the BEST Goodwill Stores in the area here and I can't believe some of the great things I've found there.
Have a good weekend
And don't stay away so long!

                             Sunny

Anonymous said...

Happy to see an entry from you - Hope your Friday is good to you. Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I like what you say about yourself in the meme... it is nice getting to know you better!  And, I loved your thankfuls... all good things!  

{{{ Leigh }}}  

Ps... I am waiting for my interview questions... lol

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Loved the middle name meme. Mine is Sage. My name in it's entirety is Indigo Sage Ravenwood. For me Sage says it all (winks). I'm so looking forward to Autumn. It's my favorite season of them all. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that there are a lot of people out there that are thankful that they have you in their lives.  So go ahead and be eccentric.  LOL  Have a great weekend.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh! Thanks for stopping by my journal. I have read through some of your entries and I have to say you and I share some similarites. Now that I started writing this I have forgotten what they are hehehe but none the less we do. I also journal on paper, and have since my divorce to my ex-husband. I think I do it that way as it seems for me anyway a sense of realness to my emotions. I put more of my anger there as opposed to here. Although if you were to go into my archvies there would be some anger there hehehe. I have put you on my alerts and look forward to getting to know you better....smiles...
                                                                                           Lovins...
                                                                                           TrayCee
p.s.
Thank you so much for the kind words and compliments tell me more hehehehe Kidding...  :)

Anonymous said...

HiYa Leigh!! First let me again say TY for taking the time to comment upon my journal. Lately life is such a rush, many times it's the small things that get us thru the madness, but having since taken the time to somewhat sift thru your journal I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you that I feel as I have been provided a small glipse into your world, a world in which you allowed me thru the sharing of your bootifully stated and sincerely genuine thoughts. I am continually inspired by the strength in another's personal journey. In the end, when it's all said and done, there's nothing more special than the humanity that binds us together as a people. Whatever you're doing is obviously working, as your warmth circulates thru your journaled thoughts and the many who choose to take the time to comment. Journaling is and ot itself a treasured proverbial couch, the best and cheapeat therapy available. Hold on to ALL that is precious, let your kind nautre be your guide to all else, and peace will settle in around you. Keep the faith, be true to yourself, and above all else, never lose hope...

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!

I haven't been online in a while because I have been terribly sick and I haven't felt good. I did go to the doctor and got some medicine. I hope you feeling better with your writer's block. Right now I have be thankful for medicine and doctors. I hope you are alright. Do take care.