Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's time for Thankful Thursday again, already!

  Well, this week has certainly gone by quickly.  It seems like I was just here the other night posting my thankfuls.  Time is moving way too fast right now.  The computer is still acting up, but now I'm not sure if it's my computer or what.  Well, some of it (I know) is the Old Puter.  Today, it would start to open things then freeze up, so I'd back up and try again.  It took me 30 minutes just to sign on.  I'm gonna hurry and get right to my list so that I can get it on here before the next freeze.

I am Thankful For-

1. Fridays.  Not the usual reasons, I do work weekends.  Nope, it's PayDay.  Yay!  It's all pretty well spent on bills, but that's one more weeks worth of bills paid for.  :)

2. Coffee pots that make 12 cups.  I really needed it today.  Course, my cup holds 2(6 oz.) cups.  Now I want to know who decided that 6oz. equals a coffee cup?  I mean REALLY !!!

3. The lovely weather we've been having.  I don't think it's Indian Summer yet, technically it's still summer till 5:51am Sunday morning.  Ya never know with Michigan weather though.  Last year we had a big snow before the middle of October.  Anyway, the weather's been great.

4. Soup.  I know this sounds weird, but there are alot of evenings I just don't feel like cooking, and I really do enjoy soup for dinner(supper?).  Guess what I had tonight!

5. This computer getting me through this entry.  I just don't trust it, but it does seem to be working okay for now.  Maybe I shouldn't push my luck by mentioning this twice!  Ah well. 

 6. Of course, all the basic things of life-family, friends, work, home, books, music, etc.  Always these things. 

    I think I'm going to go read my horoscope for tomorrow.  The forecasts have been kind of more relevant to my life than usual.  I've been thinking about them throughout the day to see where those words of wisdom might fit in.  Sometimes, just in small ways, but I can see how it ties together.  I've been doing some basic reading about the planets and the effects they have in the different houses of the chart.  It's an awful lot to remember, so my book is becoming a jungle of those little flourescent colored post-its, so that I can backtrack to a marked page.  Oh, and I write in my books, too!  In pencil, but I rarely erase.

    I just thought of something to ask you guys.  When I change the sheets on a bed, I put the right sides together.  One of the other aides told me I was doing it wrong!  HUH?  When you fold down the blankets with the right side facing then you see both, and it looks nicer.   When you put them both facing up, you see the back side of the top sheet when you turn down the blankets.  I don't like the way that looks.  I know- this isn't an earth shattering dilemma or anything, but I was just wondering which way you all face the sheets.  Oh, and I don't like the way she folds the towels either!  ;p

    Well, now I think it's really time for me to close this out.  Hope you all have a great Friday.  Thanks for stopping by.....

                                                                                              Leigh

   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever need a few new soup recipes let me know!  -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

Have a thankful Friday as well.

Allison

Anonymous said...

It depends... sometimes I do that with the sheets... if it is a print or has a nice edge... on my really plain ones... I don't!  

Great thankfuls... and I am very thankful for us finding each other on jland, and your computer behaving!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Once again. COFFEE makes the list.
Do i detect a pattern here????

             :-)

                  Sunny

Anonymous said...

these are the same problems I ahve been having. I am having a brief period of cooperation right now though with AOL>
take care and have a great weekend
tina