Monday, November 19, 2007

A Rainy Monday, alittle free time.

   This is going to be one of those weeks.  A short week and then the holiday and I won't be able to figure out what day it is for about another four.  Ah well.  Like my subject header says, it's raining here.  It's been kind of cold, and we haven't seen much of the sun for a few days.  I was out cleaning out the car some yesterday afternoon and was just thinking that it won't be long till snow covers everything till spring.  We have a sandy driveway, so we'll be able to get down to the sand when plowing and shovelling, but the rest will all be white-or some variation. 

   I'm starting with a new client tomorrow afternoon, so I'll only be able to get here in the mornings before work, unless I sneak in for awhile around noon.  It was funny, I had just gotten my December schedule in the mail and Bro was asking me how long before it gets changed, when my phone rang, the call was about this new client.  And I'm sure it'll change again, although I like my hours right now-except for computer access.  I'm still working 7 days a week for the most part, will get time and a half for Thanksgiving, and my schedule on the weekends will be lighter.

   I've been thrift shopping again.  I found a Wilton pan for mini loaves of bread for $1.  That'll come in really handy for the Holidays.  I usually bake for my clients' Holiday gifts.  I found a fleece pullover from L.L. Bean that looks like it has never been worn for $2. and I got a couple Christmas tins for cookies.  It's time to start planning my Son's care package.  I pack a big box with all his favorite baked goodies each year.  Then there's the decorations for the littler place.  There really isn't room for a tree, so I thought I'd take the basic design for this snowflake shaped wreath I make and enlarge it, add some lights and decorations, and hang it behind the TV.  Maybe one of those little artificial ones for the coffee table. Hmmm......  See, I've got some planning to do, so I'm off to the next client after stopping for something to eat, and get my in-mind design work done.  

                             ~Thanks for stopping by~

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a plan... a little table top tree sounds perfect!!!  I am glad you will have less weekend work... that is good right???  I am sorry you have to work on the holiday...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Nice to see you again.
I went thrift shopping too today. isn't it fun????
You're a woman after my own heart.
I went to the new Goodwill Store that opened and got a really nice Old Navy fleece vest for $2.60. Got a perfect room sized rug last week for $18.
LL Bean??
I found a $75 LL Bean sweater last week that was practically new...$3.60.
I LOVE our Goodwill store...

    see ya! sunny

Anonymous said...

What you do is such a great service, but it has its downfalls with an ever changing schedule.  I really respect how you go about it and remain happy.  Have a good Tuesday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

you do a wonderful service.  the hours are long and varied, and for some, that is wonderful!
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been so busy.
Gaz :-)