Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Snowy Evening at the library

   An evening off, ah!  It doesn't happen very often during the week.  Just every other Wednesday for right now.  Some of my work hours have been shifted around and I only have an hour here and there to get online.  So I thought tonight would be a good time to get an entry done. 

   I have been working alot of hours lately, and will have some overtime checks coming.  I think I'll get some money saved finally.  Not much, my car needs 2 tires, my son needs a little financial help, and my nephew found out he'll probably be laid off for about 6 weeks pretty soon, so I'll have to help out a little extra at home.  Something is telling me it's just not time for this to work out  yet, I'll have to keep being patient.  :::sigh:::

   Potsey(my nephew) got a couple fresh turkeys "deep discount", that couldn't be frozen, so we've got turkey on the menu and turkey in the freezer, and.......turkey.  Actually I found a recipe for a pie crust specifically for meatpies, so I thought we'd try that.  I've also got my cookie recipes out to start the care package baking for my son.  He'll definitely need it this year.  His college money didn't last, he's not making much at his part-time job, so he needs some extra cookies and stuff this year. 

   Speaking of the holidays, I've got to go out to the woods and gather the fresh greens for the wreaths and centerpieces.  We don't really have room for a tree, so I'm making a big "Snowflake Wreath" for the wall behind the TV.  I've got to wire some lights strings behind it and a few ornaments in the middle.   These are really beautiful wreaths, shaped just like a 6 sided snowflake.  I  just love using real greenery in the house, it smells so fresh and"piney". 

   I saw the most beautiful sunrise this morning.  I was out shovelling snow at about 7:30.  We only had about 4 inches, but more is in the forecast and I'd rather shovel a little bit of snow twice than try to move 6 or more inches at one time.  Anyway, I was telling you about the sunrise this morning, I don't think I've ever seen that many intense colors, all the reds, oranges, pinks, almost irridescent.  As the sun got higher and the colors lightened up alittle, they moved into the surrounding clouds.  The whole sky just glowed.  I could have just kicked myself, I'm not much of a photographer, but usually have one of those one-time use cameras around with a couple shots left, but not today.  It was just breathtaking.  So when you're out there shovelling that snow, stop and look up.  You never know what you'll see.  Maybe a beautiful sky, maybe the trash man-who thought I was a little off my gourd for staring at the sky.  Or maybe just some more snow! 

   Well, that's about it for my news for now.  I'm going to go and visit some more journals and get caught up. 

                              ~Thanks for Stopping By~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the way it always happens?  you get a little extra money and something always pops up. (sighing for you) one day you will get all caught up and nobody will need anything from you financially and then you will be able to just do things for yourself.  I keep telling myself that about my situation all the time <g> maybe it will come true for both YOU and me.  Blessings and Hugz, Teresa

P.S. The Sunrise sounded beautiful. Your wreath does too.

http://journal.aol.com/stetsonsfyre/remembering-to-exhale/

Anonymous said...

the wreaths sound beautiful.  
you work a lot.  I am sure your son will love the extra cookies and things.
take care
tina

Anonymous said...

Your snowflake tree sounds great!  I am glad you got some extra $ coming... it seems like you have been working a lot!  Sending prayers for you and your son my friend.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying your evening off.  You are such a hard worker.  Just stay positve about everything and all will work out financially.  Turkey sounds really good, even though I have had plenty of leftover courtesy of Heather.  Hope you have a good Thursday girlie girl.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Snow????
It was 65 here today and I was freezing.
I hate being cold.

Glad you took a little time for an entry.
Your wreath sounds really nice.

Turkey.....turkey sandwiches, tukey pot pie, turkey gravy, turkey hash, turkey soup.   So much turkey, so little time.

We have beautiful sunsets out here, but when I call my husband outsdie to look, he always says "It's the pollution."

See you soon.  
                             sunny

Anonymous said...

Snow!!!! I can't even think about that yet! A hot cup of coffee on a cold quiet day sounds perfect!

Anonymous said...

All the blogs I read from the U.S. mention snow at the moment. We ain't even had a sniffter.
Gaz xx