Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my J-Land friends!

    I've got to get my greetings in early.  The libraries will be closed on Thursday and Friday.  It looks like we'll have a dusting of snow for Thanksgiving.  Maybe as much as a couple inches.  I'll be working for  part of the day and cooking Thanksgiving dinner(except the turkey) for one of my clients, and joining her and her daughter for dinner.  The rest of my family have plans and both Bro and Potsey have a couple dinner invitations to attend so everyone will be full.  We do have plans for the traditional Eggnog(spiked) toast tomorrow evening.  We should all be home by 8pm or so.  I'll even have time to watch part of the (also traditional) Thanksgiving beating of the Detroit Lions.  ::sigh::  I thought this year would be different, but they're playing the division leading Green Bay Packers.  It would be a Thanksgiving Day MIRACLE!!!  for them to win this game. 

   What an appropriate day for my Thankful Thursday.  I have so many things in my life to be thankful for.  The list is long, so let's being. 

1. I am thankful for my work.  Not everyone has the priviledge to do work they truly enjoy.

2. I am thankful for my family, as frustrating as they are, I love them.   That includes my Son, who has found a way to live on his own, and still be able to go to college.  This allowed me to move back to Michigan and start my life over. 

3. I am thankful that I have a basically reliable car and a dependable mechanic.  I need a car in my line of work. 

4. I am thankful for my health and wellness.  Working with the disabled and elderly reminds me every day how fortunate I am. 

5. And of course, did you really think I'd do a Thankful Thursday without mentioning it-Coffee.  Today, it's every gas station that I stop at during my workday, the cashiers who are so friendly, the customer punch cards that allow me to get a free cup(with the purchase of 5 or 8 or whatever). 

6. A heartfelt Thank You to all our servicemen, their families, for the sacrifices that they make for our country.  We wouldn't be here, doing this, if it weren't for them.

7. And last but definitely not least, all the friends and readers I have here in J-Land.  This is a community where everyone finds a way to fit in and have wonderful friends to connect with.  I love you all. 

    I hope to squeeze in alittle time between shifts today, but if I don't get by to visit you, please have a Happy Thanksgiving and I'll catch up with you later.  My time is up for today so.....

                ~Thanks for Stopping by~   Blessings,  Leigh

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and thank you from your clients who may not always say so!  You do wonderful work and I'm sure you're a great Mom and the world is a better place for your presence!

Anonymous said...

What a nice , thoughtful message.
And thank you especially for remembering the service men and women in our Armed Forces.  
That means a lot.

Have a wonderful Turkey Day!

        see ya!

                sunny

Anonymous said...

Oooh... I am sorry the Lions are playing the Pack... anyone else I would have said... Oh they will win.  You are very blessed... thank you for sharing your thankfuls!!!  Have a wonderful holiday and I will catch up with you over the weekend...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
MJ

Anonymous said...

that is a great list!
happy thanksgiving!
tina

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and you have quite a list to be thankful for.  I'm thankful to have you as a friend here in J-land.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

And a great big thank you to you too! ;-)
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the alert for this entry :(  I hope you had a good one!  You've read mine already LOL so you know what I did. I'm so sick of turkey all ready LOL  but then, it's never been one of my favorite things to eat.  Hugz, Teresa