Thursday, November 29, 2007

Unexpected free time.

   I've gotten some unexpected free time today and just couldn't resist popping in to do my Thankful Thursday. 

1.  The snow storm we got this morning.  Just a minor one only a couple inches, but blowing and drifting.  My client said she was too sick to go, but I think it was the weather.  We'll just have to make up this appointment later. 

2. Coffee. This morning it's at home, my cheap coffee maker and the peppermint mocha creamer.  When you can hear the wind whistling, it's good to have a hot cup of coffee in your hands.

3. My mechanic.  Yeah, he's here again.  This time it's a pair of tires that I'm getting for a discount.  With free balance and mount.  How cool is that?

4. All my friends here in J-Land.  I really look forward to getting computer time and visiting everyone.  I know I said this last week, but this is such a special community of caring people.

5. I found my winter boots!  NO, seriously, I couldn't find them, knew I had packed and moved them, but Poof!  Well, they were in my closet, behind a box of books-imagine that.

6. The weather channel and the meteorologists on the local TV stations that keep us so well informed on these snowstorms that come  blowing through here.  I guess we've got a doozie(sp) coming on Sunday.  Lots of lake-effect snow!  And we will till the lakes(Michigan and Superior) freeze.  Just keep shovelling, and I know this sounds crazy, but I enjoy it.

   Well, this entry really seems to be about the weather around here.  But that is what is on everyone's minds this time of year.  We can get dumped on quite regularly.  Then the snow settles down and we get the bone-numbing cold for late January and February.  There really isn't any other news to talk about.  I've got another overtime week, this week, even with the 2 hours I lost today.  :)  I'm going to the new computer repair guy in town and see if he's got any deals for me, fingers are crossed.  Hope to get back here tomorrow and Saturday.  Till then...

                                         ~Thanks for Stopping By~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thankfuls!!!  An update built into it!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that your computer guy has a deal!  And, no, it isn't crazy... I LOVE SNOW!!!!  And, we don't get enough!  The last big year was 2002... I think... 1995-96 was a good one too!  LOL

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am jealous....I wish we had some snow, but it doesn't happen down here too often.

How is that new creamer?? I have seen it, but am afraid to try it after the last creamer (blackberry?)

Have a great SNOW day!!!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get to a computer.
Always nice to see a new entry.

Snow...no no no No Snow!
I will say no to snow.
I wish the snow would go.
Go to somewhere it won't blow.
Go to somewhere it won't show.
I will say with simple ease,
I hate snow. It makes me freeze.

(Apologies to Dr. Seuss)

I hate being cold.

                   sunny

Anonymous said...

Hey, That Don Henley song on my blog was from a solo album (God, I'm old, I still call them albums and haven't seen vinyl in years...unless you count the horribly tight pants I saw some skinny kid wearing in the store the other day!) called End of the Innocence.  Excellent one if you don't already have it.  So where is "home" to you?  I'm originally from Ohio, but I've been a Yankee in the south for 18 years.  Want to get back north eventually.  Thanks for stopping by!!

peace, love, and understand,
  Joyce

Anonymous said...

I wish it would snow here once in a while, that would be cool.  Heck, we are lucky if we get any rain anymore.  I'm thankful that you had some free time so you could get in another entry.  Luv ya!  Have a nice Friday.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Hey,
 The daily motivations I subscribe to are free (if they cost anything I'd make 'em up myself...yes, I'm that good!  ha ha!) and I decided with all the crap in my life, and just trying to hold my head above the water during a typhoon, I could use some encouragement.  I won't even expect a life raft, as I believe we all have to save ourselves from time to time, but just some words to keep me motivated to make my life what I want it to be.  
  I miss snow, BTW!!!  We always pray for it down here, 'cause the whole town shuts down if there's even a threat of it, but we don't get to see too much of it.  Last big one I remember was the Blizzard of '93, in March.  That was a good one!
 Thanks for stopping by again!  Come anytime, the doors are always open, the coffee is hot and the beer is cold!

Peace, love, and understanding,
  Joyce