I've gotten some unexpected free time today and just couldn't resist popping in to do my Thankful Thursday.
1. The snow storm we got this morning. Just a minor one only a couple inches, but blowing and drifting. My client said she was too sick to go, but I think it was the weather. We'll just have to make up this appointment later.
2. Coffee. This morning it's at home, my cheap coffee maker and the peppermint mocha creamer. When you can hear the wind whistling, it's good to have a hot cup of coffee in your hands.
3. My mechanic. Yeah, he's here again. This time it's a pair of tires that I'm getting for a discount. With free balance and mount. How cool is that?
4. All my friends here in J-Land. I really look forward to getting computer time and visiting everyone. I know I said this last week, but this is such a special community of caring people.
5. I found my winter boots! NO, seriously, I couldn't find them, knew I had packed and moved them, but Poof! Well, they were in my closet, behind a box of books-imagine that.
6. The weather channel and the meteorologists on the local TV stations that keep us so well informed on these snowstorms that come blowing through here. I guess we've got a doozie(sp) coming on Sunday. Lots of lake-effect snow! And we will till the lakes(Michigan and Superior) freeze. Just keep shovelling, and I know this sounds crazy, but I enjoy it.
Well, this entry really seems to be about the weather around here. But that is what is on everyone's minds this time of year. We can get dumped on quite regularly. Then the snow settles down and we get the bone-numbing cold for late January and February. There really isn't any other news to talk about. I've got another overtime week, this week, even with the 2 hours I lost today. :) I'm going to the new computer repair guy in town and see if he's got any deals for me, fingers are crossed. Hope to get back here tomorrow and Saturday. Till then...
~Thanks for Stopping By~