Friday, January 11, 2008

Catching up alittle

   It's just one of those weeks, I guess.  I was here yesterday and forgot to do my Thankful Thursday entry.  A quick list follows:

1. The fog is gone, winter has returned.  I'd rather have the colder temperatures than fog-anyday!

2. That I can remember which day of the week it is, now that the holidays are over, the trash goes out on Wednesday, payday, as always, is on Friday, the library has normal hours, and aside from some who are truly ill, all the aides seem to be willing to work their normal shifts!

3. Coffee!  Today it's actually the cool mug I found to put that nectar of the Gods in.  At the Thrift store-a big thick mug that keeps my coffee warm longer and warms my hands.  And it says Blueberries! 

4. That during this particular flu season, I have  managed to stay healthy, despite my errant eating habits during the holidays.  So Far, Knock on Wood!  Keep taking those vitamins!

5. And last, but not by any means the least, my time here.  For whatever reasons-partly my fault, I'm sure, I don't have alot of friends, not many to talk to, go places with or do things with.  The time I spend here keeps me connected to the real world of people.  I'll write more about this below. 

    And this is actually the "below".  With my job, unpredictable hours, and whatever else, I get lonely.  I'm not really involved in the conversations at home which usually revolve around hunting, fishing, people I've never met, or things I have no interest in.  The other day, I was sitting and trying to think of things that I would be interested in talking about, and to my horror realized that I have nothing in common with most of the people in my life.  They're just there, because they've always been-as in related, or I work with-no real interest in my private life, clients-not supposed to discuss my life with them, the clerk at the store, gas station, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time by myself, reading, walking, writing, or whatever.  But there are just "times"  when I wish there was someone to talk to, be honest with, go have coffee, or whatever.   One of my problems is that, I have bad timing, and I don't want to intrude on other peoples time-I know how precious someone's free time can be. 

   Okay, short of deleting this entry, I am changing the topic.  We got some snow last night.  Here the roads were all dry and it has to go and get crappy again.  Along with that snow(about 4 inches) came thunder, lightening, and wind.  That's something you don't see very often.  Dorothy at the grocery store said she doesn't ever remember seeing lighteneing or hearing thunder with snow.  And as far as I can remember it has been a long time.  But like I said at least the fog is gone.  I Hate driving in the fog!

    I talked to Son this morning.  I had to play alarm clock for him, make sure he got up in time to go to the college for a financial aid meeting, and then a meeting with his Art professor.  He's doing well-as far as someone who's broke, in college can be.  We talked about inconsequential things for a few minutes and I got the impression that he's a little lonely for Mom and suggested we talk again tonight so that he can tell me all about the next term at school.

   That's about it for this entry.  Like I said my life has been quiet and uneventful for the most part lately, yes, that's a good thing-mostly.  So....

                            ~Thanks for Stopping By~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That paragraph about not having much in common with the people in your life is actually something of a spirtual breakthrough, if you let it be.  I suspect you don't give yourself permission to dislike people or find them uninteresting--or at least you will feel bad for making such a judgement.
You might also think you're not up to the level of the people you would rather get close to, that they won't think you have enough going for you.  I suggest as soon as it's financially feasible that you take a course in something that interests you, like writing, or art history, or a spirtual program.  Alanon  is free, and if you're like 95% of Americans, you have at least one person with a substance abuse problem in your life.  Go ahead, make new friends. You're worth it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had snow!  We had these horrid rain and wind storms all night!  Aww... your poor son... they always need their mom, whether they admit or not!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Don't delete the entry!
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
It is so hard to find new female friends with similar interests.
People have their families and their schedules.
It would be so nice to have someone that you could call and say, Let's go to lunch or let's go shopping or let's take a road trip.
I feel exactly the same way most of the time.
Even though I stay busy, I wish I had more female friends who are interested in the same things I am.

You are certainly not the Lone Ranger on this one!

As always, glad to see a new entry!

                    sunny

Anonymous said...

I feel badly for you.  I can relate to feeling lonely, I think everyone has been there at one time or another.  Find something in common with the people close to you and make new friends that have things in common with you.  Try to have a good weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Boy, can I relate to you!  Although I can have interesting conversations with my kids, the man I married and I are on different planets, in different solar systems, on different wavelengths!  I find myself wondering why I married this stranger, and were we always like this or did we used to like the same things and changed?  I'm scared my kids will move out and I will truly be alone.  But I too long for a friend I can just sit and talk to about anything and everything.  I used to have that, but he up and joined the Peace Corps and will be gone for the next 27 months, leaving me to yawn and count down until he returns.  
  Sometimes I wish all of us lonely bloggers lived in the same neighborhood!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

I can relate on so many avenues. If we lived close by I would love to befriend you. Your a wonderful, caring individual. When I went deaf, it was as if the plug was pulled on all my remaining friendships. They started making excuses, then would just stop coming by or asking how I was doing. I was hurt.....I felt like I had been kicked while I was down. To this day friendship is still something I somewhat distrust because of it....Yet I can truly say I do have a few people online that the friendship is growing beyond the computer , even though we are miles away. One of the things we started to do , is write letters to one another in snail mail. It brings you that much closer to actually taking the computer friendships into reality. It's an idea. If you would love to correspond outside of the computer , let me know hon. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Funny.... (not really, but for lack of a better word..) I've always believed that people who relate well or are experiencing some of the same things are connected somehow ~ even if in unexpected and not always the most convenient ways!  It would be so nice, to have more people within arms length to share our time with, but that's just not always the case, so we find other ways to vent or share or connect...  Which brings many of us here.

I can't TELL you how many times I have wanted to delete my words or an entry.  I feel foolish sometimes, with all that I share and feel.  BUT, I am always pleasantly surprised and grateful for the amount of support I receive from those who read my journal.  I hope you receive that same warmth and understanding, because we all need that safe place to go..

Chelle