Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where does the time go???

   Brrrrr......  As soon as I can feel my fingers I'll do an entry.  Actually, I'm just kidding, my hands are warm now.  It broke above 10 degrees and the sun is trying to shine.  Yesterday wasn't so good.  The low was minus 3 degrees, down from 40 and rain at 11pm news.  The wind chill was -25 degrees.  That was during the day while I was out shoveling the 2 ft. drift out of the end of the driveway.  We actually took turns shoveling, two in the house getting warm and two out for 10 minutes, then we'd switch.  It was AWFUL!  My car doors froze and the handles broke(both the front doors) when we tried to open them.  So, I called the locksmith, and my mechanic.  I missed 2 client shifts, but thankfully, my mechanic found a handle and installed it for me yesterday afternoon.  $125 later, I can open the drivers side inside and out, and the passenger side from the inside.  I'm not the only one that had that kind of problem, though.  It's too cold for salt to melt the snow on the roads, so they're snow and ice covered, and according to the weatherman we can expect another 3-6 inches of snow tonight.  :::sigh::: the winter is getting awfully long this year.  Hopefully the groundhog will do what he's supposed to-to bring a mild spring. 

   I talked to Son the other day and he had some great news.  He qualified for a $1000 scholarship.  He was very excited about the extra cash to pay bills and get his car going.  He's overloaded himself with classes and projects again this term, though he was smart enough to schedule everything after Noon.  I'm proud of him, he's carrying a 3.6 grade average.

   My ears are both doing well, although the cold air makes them alittle uncomfortable and putting on a hat is tricky for the left ear cartilage.  I do normally wear Sterling Silver jewelry, so I'll be shopping for some new earrings soon. ::smile::  I'd like to find some coordinated sets to wear on occasion.  I've got at least 4 and a half weeks to go before I can change them out without tearing the healing inside.

   How about a quick Thankful Thursday before this gets too long and you start yawning. 

1. Coffee.  Hot and plentiful.  Actually 4 pots yesterday, although I had help drinking some of it.  ;)

2. My mechanic.  He knows how important my car is to my job and gets me in as quickly as he can for repairs.

3. Tomorrow is February 1st.  That just means that spring is getting closer each day.  It's also my 6 month anniversary for my journal, too. 

4. For everyone that I've had the honor of meeting here.  I really do look forward to coming here, writing and reading about others' lives and communicating through comments. 

5. My tax forms are in the mail!  Now, I just have to be patient for my (little) refund. 

   I haven't been able to get to a computer for the past 2 days, so I have alot of reading to catch up on.  I am going to try to write more often than just once a week, although there's not all that much to report about my quiet little life.  That may be a good thing, though.  Anyway....

                             ~Thanks for Stopping By~

        

  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a new entry!

Brrrrrrr is right! And I was complaining yesterday because it was 50 degrees!

We're all keeping our fingers crossed for the ground hog to do his thing!

Have a pleasant evening.

                      sunny

Anonymous said...

Arghh, a forty degree drop in a few hours. I will not complain about the mud or the rain.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is February already.  I don't think I could survive in that kind of weather.  It is good news about that scholarship.  That is a good GPA.  Hope you have a nice and more warm Friday and weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Man!  The other morning I couldn't get my driver's side door open because it was frozen, too!  Luckily it didn't break, and I was able to get in on the passenger side, even though that one stuck a little.  I can't complain, though, because I really don't like hot weather.  If I could find somewhere where the highs are always between 68-75, and the lows are between 45-59, with low humidity, I'd be completely happy!  
  And to comment on the post you left at my blog:  We are pretty close to the two lane highway they'd like to expand.  They would end up in our backyard if they even do one extra lane.  I certainly wouldn't want to stay in a house with a highway close enough to spit on the cars going by!  I would only hope they would give us a fair price, since we were planning on renovating this summer, and weren't planning on moving any time soon.  We'll see, they might not even decide to do it...

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Wow, so sorry about the extreme cold and your car door handles breaking off.  I hope your weather improves soon.  It's rather cold here, but not that bad!  Glad the piercings are healing well.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Great thankfuls... glad you have a refund coming and that son is doing well!  

Hugs and love and prayers being sent to you!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wow, that IS cold. I would just have crawled back into bed.... ;-)
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your son's scholarship hon. I always look forward to anything you have to write. (Hugs) Indigo