Thursday, January 3, 2008

What do you Mean it's not Monday?

                                               Welcome 2008!

    I am so confused.  For the last two days, I've tried to make it Monday, I'm still writing 2007 on things, and almost forgot the trash for pick-up this morning.  They ran a day late, due to the holiday and we forgot last week.  In fact, if it wasn't for Dawn(princesssaurora) at Carpe Diem doing her Thankful Thursday entry early enough for me to see it, I wouldn't be here right now.  So without further ado, here's my First Thankful Thursday list for 2008.

1. Dawn(PrincesssAurora) at Carpe Diem, who was one of my very first friends here in J-Land.  I wouldn't be writing a public journal if she hadn't prompted me to.  :)

2. Coffee.  This week it's Cinnamon Hazelnut Blend that Potsey got me for a gift.  Yummy!

3. My lighter work schedule.  It's nice to have some time to get things caught up, and move at a slower pace. 

4. Sweatshirts.  Although it's supposed to be 49 on Monday, it's a chilly 17 right now with some biting winds.  Sweatshirts are kind of required clothing on days like this.  Just like Coffee is the preferred drink.

5. That I filled my car up early this morning.  Gas prices jumped 21 cents today.  Whew!

6. That it will start getting lighter by a few minutes each day.  I'm getting tired of driving to and from work in the dark. 

    That's about it for this first Thursday. 

    My New Year's Eve was good, even though I barely made it past 12:30.  My day started at 5:00am, so I did good.  I had a few beers, a couple shots of Spearmint Schnapps and lots of snacks.  I tried calling Son, but he was busy with his own celebration, and by the time he called, I was asleep.  I did talk to him New Year's day and he was already back in Akron, getting ready for the work he's doing at the gallery this week.  We watched some Bowl Games(Michigan won) and had some hot Ham and Cheese sandwiches, plus all the snacks left from the night before.  Now, things can get back to normal(undecorating), although I like the lights we put up.  They brighten up the house.  And yes, I have been eating alittle healthier the last couple of days, although some of those snacks have to be eaten.  :)  I've got to go do some serious grocery shopping and stock up on salad fixings, which I seem to have a real craving for right now.  And salad is very portable.  We have a nice ham bone and will be making some bean soup and corn bread this weekend, another food(soup in general) I've been craving.  I've got to close this entry and go get some hot coffee for my next work shift this afternoon, so.......

                                               ~Thanks for Stopping By~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hazelnut Cinnamon sounds soooo yummy!!!  Mmmmmm.... Glad I reminded you to get your garbage out!  LOL  Yeah... I keep forgetting it is the middle, and now end of the week... so hard with the holiday thing!  I dread taking down everything... Hubby does the tree and outdoors (with my dad) thank goodness...but I have to do the rest! ACK!  

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start so far.  I like how you find so many things to be thankful for.  You are a very positive person and I have liked that about you since I found you.  Anyway, have a great Friday tomorrow, not Monday.  LOL  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

LOL..don't feel bad.
We never know what day of the week it is.

Sounds like you had a good New Year's celebration.
I went to bed at 10:30!

Bean soup and corn bread sounds yummy"

Have a good day (whatever day it is!!)

                      sunny

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!  I've been doing so good, I haven't written the wrong date yet...although for me it's likely to happen in March, and I'll put something bizarre like 1997!!  I've done that before, been thinking about a certain date and write it on a check, or in a chart or something!  But I laugh at myself, so that's okay!  DUH!  I hope this year is a good one for you!  I just signed the whole family up for a gym, so we'll see how that goes!  

Joyce