Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tuesday news-or not.

   I've gotten in the habit of starting my entries with some hesitation.  Breaking that habit here today.  It's not snowing!  The roads are a little bit slick, some of it is still melting after the plowing.  We didn't really get that much snow or anything, but it just kept snowing, and snowing, and snowing.  I'm not really complaining, it's very pretty on the trees, and in the moonglow last night-beautiful.  We've had our January thaw, now the weather will be turning colder, the lakes will freeze up some, the lake-effect snows will slow down, and then-SPRING!!!!!  Yeah, that's about 3 months away, but it's staying light longer in the evening, getting light a few minutes earlier in the morning.  And this year?  I'm ready.  I usually don't mind winter, and I guess it hasn't been that bad this year, but I am getting impatient for the first spring breezes, the first sighting of a robin.  All I've got to say is that the Da** Groundhog had better see his shadow.  Or is it-if he doesn't see his shadow? The funny thing is that no matter how you look at it, there is 6 more weeks of winter from Feb. 2nd. to the Equinox in March-the first day of spring.  Enough about the weather. 

   I've been spending some evening time with Bro and Potsey, and found out a few things that they haven't bothered to tell me.  We're almost caught up on the rent, cable is going up, the natural gas bill is only one month behind and I know the electric is good, I paid that one, though the new bill is due out anyday.  Things are better at home than they were, and they pointed out that I'd know that if I wasn't gone all the time.  I pointed out that that's the way my schedule is, I go to the library whenever I can to get online-can't do it at home, now can I?  Harumph.  I tried to watch a movie with Potsey, but he has the dreaded, can't stay on the channel through the commercialitis.  By the time we got back to the movie, I had no clue what was going on, so I went to my bedroom and read. 

   Son actually missed his first day of classes.  It was a Saturday and the Metrobus schedule is different on the weekends, so he couldn't get to campus in time for the start of class, said he went back to bed and napped for 3 hours.  He's one of these nightowls that have to be up earlier than they'd like.  The good news is that he may qualify for a scholarship through one of his honors classes.  He has to maintain a 3.5 gradepoint to do this and he's got a 3.6.  Yeah Son!!!  The Gallery opening went well, his professor is pleased with the work they accomplished.  I'll just have to nag him to DO YOUR HOMEWORK, SON. 

    I'd like to Thank everyone that left me a comment in the last entry, the commiserating, advice, and observations are greatly appreciated.  I'm not the only one in this fast paced life that has a lack of contact with friends(or friendships) due to schedules, family commitments, time and distance.  I am very different than the people around me, especially at home, so no, there's not much to talk about.  My options for taking classes, etc., are limited due to my scheduling at work.  There's not alot of social events in the area-a hazard of small town living.  I am, for the most part, realistic about this.  And I do love to come here, feel the warmth and friendship.  What a shame in an era where keeping in contact is so much easier, that we forget how, or who, to stay in touch with.  Anyway, thanks again.

                           

   It's time for me to close this entry out for now, I'm off to find a novel to read, so.....

                           ~Thanks for Stopping By~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news on your son being able to get the scholarship. I know what it's like being with one of those people who like switching the channel on commercials, it drives me nuts to say the least. It's snowing on and off here, we have a light dusting that's sticking and that's about it. I'm here for you whenever you need someone to listen hon, always. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I surf between channels during commercials too.
But I have found that so many of the commercials come on at exactly the same time, it isn't worth the trouble.
I suggest you try Turner Classic. Their movies are commercial free.!

                        Have a good day!
                      Always glad to see a new entry!

                          sunny

Anonymous said...

You need a social life.  Some fun in your life.  Wish Heather and I were there, we'd take you out shopping! LOL  Be careful with those slick roads.  Glad things are going pretty well for you.  xxxxx  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the reading... I hope you find somewhere in a nearby town maybe that would be a fun place to go hang out... A Barnes and Noble cafe, a Starbucks maybe...

I am glad that things are better at home too.

Thinking of you...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

i could live in a bookstore..i love to just go and sit in their comfy chairs and read all the magazines for free...;-)
Lyn