Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Thursday (already)

Hi,  I'm here for a quick entry and then it's off to work for a short(3 hr) afternoon shift.  I can't believe that it's Thursday already.  I have no idea where the week went.  My Thankful Thursday list follows:

1. A calm, steady, fairly quiet schedule.  I have really enjoyed my time this week, which is probably why it went by so quickly.  I'm not as happy about the paychecks being smaller, but that is a concession that I'm willing to make as long as this doesn't last too long.(I know it won't)

2. That my piercings are finally starting to feel better.  I'll explain below. 

3. That we're going to be warming up by the weekend.  I'm getting tired of the cold(high today 18) and am looking forward to some 30 and sun.

4. I am still cold and flu-bug free!!!

5.  The time I spend here. 

6. OMG I almost forgot the coffee.  Not really, I was just saving it for last. This week it's the flavored coffees that I got for a holiday gift.  Cinnamon Hazelnut in particular.  It's so relaxing to have a nice cup or two after work in the evening.

   Okay, the explanation on #2.  Last Saturday, when I was in Walmart, I went to the jewelry counter and picked out some earrings for my piercings.   I asked the clerk if there was any nickel in them as I'm allergic to it.  "No" she said "there's no nickel."  I picked out the spots to pierce, we did the alcohol swab thing, and the poking and I walked off with what I thought were some very nice piercings.  I was following the directions for cleaning them and things were going well.  They were still sore the next day, but I attributed that to sleeping on my side-both sides, actually.  By day three, they should have stopped hurting, so I called the company and asked if there was nickel in the earring style I had purchased.  "Why Yes,there is a small amount of nickel in the post and backing."  Oh, okay then, I needed to change out the earrings.  I purchased a pair of Sterling Silver earrings and switched them out yesterday.  They feel better today, except for sleeping on my side.  I'm thinking of doing one more.  Only I may just do it myself.  Ya know, icecubes, a big needle, and some alcohol (the swab thingys, too.) 

   Well, my time is up for today, I'll stop back tomorrow.  For now......

                            ~Thanks for Stopping By~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had problems with your earrings.
Clerks at WalMart don't know anything.
I got surgical stainless and titanium for mine and have had no problems.
I bought them at the local body piercing place.
They really know their stuff.
If you're going to do any more, find a good body piercing place! Check with them!

Have a pleasant evening.

                  sunny

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel better now.  That will teach you to trust a Walmart employees knowledge on their products. LOL  Have a happy Friday.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!  I always thing the solid gold little balls are good to start with and they aren't too expensive... I do hope your healing goes smoothly now though!  Great thankfuls!  Thank you for being a great friend and so supportive during the Libby ordeal!  My computer is still not quite right, but I am doing my best to catch up!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hope your ears continue to mend.  I have to wear gold or silver, because anything cheaper gives me an infection.  I did two of my own ear piercings when I was a teen, in my bedroom.  Tried to numb with ice but eventually just shoved a safety pin thru.  Did a good job and would you believe those two holes are the only two that have never gotten infected?  (I have nine ear piercings total--five in my left ear, three in my right)  Personally, I'm going to get a new tattoo after we get our taxes back.  I can't wait!  Something symbolic of the strength of women, I think.  I'm working on some ideas.  But this one will be bigger than my two other, smaller ones.  If you decide not to do it yourself, I'd go to a tattoo/piercing place.  They will do a good job.

Good luck!
  Joyce

Anonymous said...

i have that same problem and had the same convo with the walmart people. people really have no idea how much nickel is out there in jewelry and buttons and snaps......
have a great weekend
tina

Anonymous said...

You are the second person I have read this week, that's done some peircings. It must be a new trend! ;-)
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Donna and I just wanted to stop by and say hello. My first time to your journal. I will be back to visit Ü.

HUGS~Donna
http://journals.aol.com/ladymagnolia1963/ladymagnolias-daily-blog/

Come visit me on MySpace! http://www.myspace.com/LadyMagnolia1963