Brrrrr...... As soon as I can feel my fingers I'll do an entry. Actually, I'm just kidding, my hands are warm now. It broke above 10 degrees and the sun is trying to shine. Yesterday wasn't so good. The low was minus 3 degrees, down from 40 and rain at 11pm news. The wind chill was -25 degrees. That was during the day while I was out shoveling the 2 ft. drift out of the end of the driveway. We actually took turns shoveling, two in the house getting warm and two out for 10 minutes, then we'd switch. It was AWFUL! My car doors froze and the handles broke(both the front doors) when we tried to open them. So, I called the locksmith, and my mechanic. I missed 2 client shifts, but thankfully, my mechanic found a handle and installed it for me yesterday afternoon. $125 later, I can open the drivers side inside and out, and the passenger side from the inside. I'm not the only one that had that kind of problem, though. It's too cold for salt to melt the snow on the roads, so they're snow and ice covered, and according to the weatherman we can expect another 3-6 inches of snow tonight. :::sigh::: the winter is getting awfully long this year. Hopefully the groundhog will do what he's supposed to-to bring a mild spring.
I talked to Son the other day and he had some great news. He qualified for a $1000 scholarship. He was very excited about the extra cash to pay bills and get his car going. He's overloaded himself with classes and projects again this term, though he was smart enough to schedule everything after Noon. I'm proud of him, he's carrying a 3.6 grade average.
My ears are both doing well, although the cold air makes them alittle uncomfortable and putting on a hat is tricky for the left ear cartilage. I do normally wear Sterling Silver jewelry, so I'll be shopping for some new earrings soon. ::smile:: I'd like to find some coordinated sets to wear on occasion. I've got at least 4 and a half weeks to go before I can change them out without tearing the healing inside.
How about a quick Thankful Thursday before this gets too long and you start yawning.
1. Coffee. Hot and plentiful. Actually 4 pots yesterday, although I had help drinking some of it. ;)
2. My mechanic. He knows how important my car is to my job and gets me in as quickly as he can for repairs.
3. Tomorrow is February 1st. That just means that spring is getting closer each day. It's also my 6 month anniversary for my journal, too.
4. For everyone that I've had the honor of meeting here. I really do look forward to coming here, writing and reading about others' lives and communicating through comments.
5. My tax forms are in the mail! Now, I just have to be patient for my (little) refund.
I haven't been able to get to a computer for the past 2 days, so I have alot of reading to catch up on. I am going to try to write more often than just once a week, although there's not all that much to report about my quiet little life. That may be a good thing, though. Anyway....
~Thanks for Stopping By~