Thursday, August 2, 2007

Adventures in moving and writing.

   I'm so proud of myself.  I packed boxes all morning.  I found a place to get some more boxes, to be picked up later this afternoon.  I made MORE ice, MORE Iced Tea.  I thought it was gonna be alittle better today, but the weather guy was wrong.  It is still hot, and now add some humidity. :(  Oh well.   I squeezed in time to swim again, after I picked up a car load of boxes.  I stopped and got my favorite dinner stuff at the store-nothing that needs to be cooked!

   We went and saw the place we're going to be renting, and signed the lease.  It's not as big as the house we're leaving, so some things have to go!  What I don't understand is- where did I get all this stuff!  I definately have to do some eliminating.  Yeah, I know that I have too many books, but I need them-most of them anyway.  I am a terrible packrat, and I know part of the problem is all the projects I haven't finished.  That's something I need to work on.  NO more projects till some of them are done.  At least I have a bigger closet, and a ceiling fan, whichever bedroom I finally choose.  But back to the packing, why do I have 27 pencils?  Or 6 different notebooks?  Oh no, I've got stuffitis!  I think it was a Steve Martin movie that said something about everyone has to have their stuff-well, I sure have stuff!  What I have to decide is what stuff will be making it's way to the donation box at the thrift store.  I'm sure they'll be pleased to see me.  Oh yeah, more boxes, more packing tomorrow.

   I really like the idea of not complaining in this journal.  I do way too much of that in my other one.  And I am going to try to cut back on that.  I really am very fortunate.   I need to start one of those gratitude journals again.  It won't be as hard to think of 5 things now.  (Hey, I could use one of the 6 notebooks!!!)  And while I'm working on that, I should start to meditate again.  Maybe on the 5 things for my gratitude journal!  No, seriously, I know how much it helped me when things weren't so great, so now it will be even better.

    I'm impatiently waiting for my order from Amazon to arrive.  That will give me something else to start working on.  I can finally learn how to do things on the computer.  I know Potsey and Son said they'd help me, but they're always so busy.  This, I can do on my own.  

     I've got to close this entry, tomorrow is another busy day.  I'll go write in my gratitude journal before bed.  I feel good about things.  Night!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!  Moving is so hard... glad you got it together!  I have you on alerts!  Do meme when you have a chance!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Lots of Ice Tea always helps. I usually make gallons of Sun Tea over the summer endlessly. Sounds like your on top of the moving now. The only good thing moving does is allow us to sort through stuff we normally wouldn't consider doing. I think we all have too much stuff that clutters up our lives. Sort of like our minds and hearts.....One of the reasons I do a lot of self work on myself spiritually and in mind. I know my own journal has been the best therapy I could of asked for. I never think of anyone complaining when they let loose with everything that is bottled up inside, sometimes it works wonder to have someone listen to that part of you as well. At times a new set of eyes reading your pain helps you to take stock of what your feeling and see you through anothers eyes. A good many people have trouble exposing themselves on that level. Me?? Hah, if only I tend to let it all go. As for the computer. Almost everything I know was self taught. You can just about look up any question you have and find some kind of answer. (Hugs) Indigo