Sunday, August 5, 2007

Soemone needs to invent windows that NEVER need washed!

Well, the title says it all.  Yeah, I was washing windows ;p  Not my favorite thing to do.  They're done though, unless I see by the morning light that I left streaks.  I have to admit that cleaning the new place has been good for me.  I feel like this is my place now-at least for the lease term.  I met the new neighbor, Bro knows her, but she came over to introduce herself, her daughter and friend.  Her daughter's friend commented on how good the place smelled.  That REALLY made me feel good.  I'll be working on cleaning the carpets today, then it's time to start moving.  Only carting boxes across town means that I can work on doing it carload by carload.  We won't be knee deep in boxes all at one time!  Now that, I like!

    There have been the usual arguments over who's doing more to help get ready for the move, who gets which bedroom, etc.  I think that childhood emotion-but I want-has reared it's ugly head one too many times.  So, being the oldest, and most reasonable, I have graciously given in and taken the less attractive bedroom (but III want the bedroom with the bow window and the halfbath.)    Somebody better pat me on the back in a hurry.  I do have hopes that my room, which is closer to the bathoroom with the BIG tub, will be charming and homey by the time I'm done with it.  And I do have to say that "MY closet is bigger than your's"  :p  Okay, so I'm not quite as mature as I claim.

    One of the changes I want to make in my life is to appreciate what I do have, more.  It's not that I want more, I have what I need.  Home, family close, except for my son who lives in Cleveland, (IM me, son), car, work that I enjoy, living in a nice quiet little town with nature close enough to take a walk and smell the pines.  I just find that sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be.  So, I got to thinking that maybe it's not what I have, but who I am.  Last night, after a very long day, I had trouble writing my 5 things in my gratitude journal.  I even wrote that it had been a beautiful day, even though I hadn't had the chance to play, just to make it to 5.  Well, this morning, I feel bad that I wrote it that way.  It WAS a beautiful day.   It could have been raining, which does make it harder to do things like wash windows and haul cleaning supplies back and forth.  I did have last weekend off and had a wonderful time.  I am very grateful that I have a light schedule this week, so that I can get this all done.  Am I too hard on myself for feeling that way?  I don't know.  But, I am going to try harder today to look at my life and all it's blessings.  The gratitude journal is a reminder of the things we do have in our lives, the people we love, and the record of the things that make us happy.  I guess I just need to keep writing in it and give myself a break.

    Today is going to be another beautiful day and I am going to appreciate it for all it's worth!  Thanks for stopping by.

     

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a beautiful day to enjoy... sometimes... that is enough!!  

LOL about arguing with your sibs... glad it worked out... who will you be living with exactly?

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Leigh......
  Thanks for visiting my "30 Days in a Tent" blog. It is VERY frustrating to not have anyone to go with. Although I am not exactly in the backyard (We have 7 acres in the country) and I pitched the tent along the tree line at the edge of the property, it is still not the same as camping for real. LOL I can still wander into the house and watch TV if I can't sleep! I am not afraid to go by myself, it is just not any fun to go alone. I wish you were closer too. I've come across quite a few women my age who are in the same boat.
 I like it so much, I've pretty much moved out there for the summer. The tent is cool and comfortable and I hate the a/c in the house. I feel like I am sleeping in a meat locker.
   No, I don't think I am technically on an ant hill......Our entire place is an ant hill. LOL......You can't kill them..there are 35 gazillion of them all over the place.
   Your journal looks unteresting as well. I'll check back. I love finding these. What seems so mundane everyday can be interesting and entertaining.
    Just think Seinfeld...............:-)
     Check back again any time.
  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

                               Sunny.
   
   

Anonymous said...

Someone who was looking out for me when I was younger , once said when you head slows down to listen to your heart then and only then will life begin to make sense. He's right.....unfortunately it took me until now to discover the true depth of what he meant. It's never about what you have, but what lies within you. (Hugs) Indigo