Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pumpkin's Meme and some catching up.

   The very first thing I want to do is the Meme from the Little Princess of Meme's, daughter of the Princesss herself at Carpe Diem.

Pumpkin's Favorites

1. What's your favorite movie?   I don't really watch movies much, but when I was your age, I watched John Wayne movies with my Dad.

2. What's your favorite color?   Hmmm... that's hard, I think,  maybe,  this shade of green!

3. What's your favorite Ice Cream flavor?  Moose Tracks.

4. Where do you want to go on vacation?  I would love to hike part of the Appalachian Trail.  A very short part!

5. What's your favorite animal?  Rabbits, they are so soft!

6. What's your favorite TV show?    M.A.S.H.  You may be too young to remember this one.

7. What's your favorite drink?   COFFEE!!!

8. What's your favorite flower?   Pansies, they are so bold.

9. What's your favorite pet?   Well, I don't have any pets right now, but we had a kitty-his name was Peanut.  He was the runt of the litter.  His favorite napping place was across the back of my shoulders. : )

10. What's your favorite book?   Wow!  I read alot, so this is a hard choice.  I have to pick "The Secret Garden"  I've read it 3 times!            

   Thanks Pumpkin, that brought back some good memories for me.  I hope you'll write some more meme's!

   It's been a long day.  I've been working on moving some boxes over to the new place, and trying to figure out how to arrange the kitchen.  There's not alot of cupboard space, so I have to be creative.  I've been squeezing work in between all this. :)  We'll be moving the furniture over this weekend.  Thankfully I have the weekend off.  It's not what I had planned for this weekend, but---what's that saying?  Life is what happens while you're making other plans?  LOL  

   Bro is still in the hospital.  The orthopedist will be in to see him tomorrow.  Probably have more surgery scheduled.  He's not too happy about that, but this is what he needs.  And he is a very cranky patient.  He's doing better, though.  * And that means that I get to arrange the furniture*   HEHEHE!

   I want to thank Dawn  for including me in her Thankful Thursday post.  She encouraged me to start my public journal.  I have a private one that gets a regular workout, definitely not fit for  the general viewing audience!  I'd read many and commented on a few, but now that I'm here, I am so glad to meet you all.  Technically, it's Friday, so I'll start my Thankful Thursday entries next week, okay Dawn?

   I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'm keeping this short.  Thanks for stopping by!

                                              Leigh

   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for meme-ing!  Pumpkin will be very excited to see it tomorrow!  Sending prayers for your brother... enjoy the time setting up the house!

You can start Thankful Thursdays anytime!  LOL  They are not required!  I am so happy you decided to go 'public', too!  Yay!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Welcome to public journaling. Look forward to getting to know you. If you're a friend of Dawn's then I know you're a-okay.
Nice answers to Pumpkin's meme. LOL I was gonna call her Little Princess Meme Dawn II.
Glad you're joining the Thankful Thursday entries it is always nice to recognize the good things in our lives and be grateful.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I love your journal........It's fun and bright.
And I love the questions and answers. I think I will put my own in my journal this morning. It makes you think and smile.
But I am confused...Pumpkin??? Meme??
Please explain? Are these your imaginary friends?? LOL

                                Sunny
       p.s. ...I have always wanted to do the AT too. What a dream!!
    I have been up on it several times....My favorite place is Hot Springs NC.     Sometime I will tell you about the most exciting adventure I had up there. It was in 2000, on an Outward Bound trip. Ugh....it did NOT turn out well.

Anonymous said...

Leigh,

Thank you for doing my meme!  I guess you drink coffee like my mom! ps. I know what MASH is, it is still on tv on ABC family.

Love, Pumpkin

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/