Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Firsts

   Wow, I can't believe how nervous I am about this.  I write in my private journal all the time, no problem, but here I am wondering what to say.  Hmm...

   How about my day?  Well, we're getting ready to move, so I spent the morning, looking for boxes and deciding what could be packed now.  Who's we?    I share a house with my brother, and his son is staying with us right now.  Anyway, there are some boxes in the garage, but they're up in the rafters-and where in the H#*@ is the ladder?  So, on to Plan B.  There's one little box, it won't hold much, I pack the glasses from the bar.  OOPS, no tape.  Okay, add that to the shopping list.  I can go do some errands.  Before that happens, I have to make some Iced Tea (yeah, it's hot here), then I have to refill the ice trays, LOTS of ice trays.  The clock is ticking and this is not how I want to spend the rest of my day.  I want to go swimming!  So with list , stuff for the lake, and a Big go cup of that iced tea, I'm out the door.  Yeah, I know I should be packing, but it's So hot, and I did try! 

   The rest of the day?  Well, I swam(?) till I was a pruneskin-I made that word up!  I really enjoyed it till I got in the hot car to drive home.  No, my car doesn't have air conditioning, it's 14 years old(but I love you,car, please don't die).  All that hard work cooling off, gone!  The rest is just normal boring stuff.  Ladder is at the neighbor's house, but will come home tomorrow, so I'll be good and pack stuff then.

   Why do I want to write a public blog?  Well(I say that alot), I have so thoroughly enjoyed reading here in J-Land, that I want to join in the fun.  Also, I'm trying to make some changes in my life and I thought that if I'm writing about them here, it would be an incentive to give it my best shot.  I may ask for some help along the way.  More about that in future entries, this is enough for now.  Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you decided to go public and jump in the fun!  I am sorry about your husband... I can imagine how hard that must be... I wish you luck and love in your new changes!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I have so throughly loved all the comments you have left for me in my journal. I don't know how many times I had wished you had one that I could visit like old friends from time to time. So as you can imagine this means a lot to me. Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Doc was a widow when I met him. He still mourns his wife from time to time. I think some part of you will always.....As for moving. I detest it like nothing else. I don't blame you in the least not wanting to bury yourself in all that work in the heat. ((Hugs)) Love having a place to be able to visit you. Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of journals. I had to drop down and read your first entry (I do that with every new journal I visit) I came by way of Dawn and I'm glad she mentioned you in her journal.

Keep writing,
Rebecca Anne