Sunday, August 12, 2007

Break Time!

   Yayyy!  It rained.  I awoke this morning to the sound of rain-alittle thunder also, but that was short.  Now, it's cooler and smells so fresh.  Hopefully it'll stay dry for today, now.  We're moving furniture this afternoon.  Making real progress in getting boxes and small pieces of furniture to the new place.  I've found a few muscles that I haven't used lately, Advil takes care of it though.  :)

   Bro's surgery went well.  If all goes well, he'll be able to come home tomorrow or Tuesday.  He's had enough of hospital life, so maybe he'll wise up and not wait so long the next time something goes wrong.   We can only hope.  He's got some recouperation and therapy to go through, so he'll be underfoot at home for at least 6 weeks.  Give me strength!  I just know that he'll want us to rearrange the furniture his way.  ;(  

  I found a real deal at the thrift store yesterday.  We'll have storage limitations at the new place-more stuff than storage!  They had some units that they called nite stands, but it looks more like a microwave stand.  In really good condition!  $15.  It's coming to the new place as soon as I can wrangle Potsey into picking it up next week.  I just love going to thrift stores.  I have found some really good deals.  Got most of my camping equipment, coffee mugs-you can never have too many!, a bicycle when mine finally had to be replaced, and of course books.  I read and trade them in at the used book store-another favorite place of mine.   We'll have to rent a storage unit and there's one about 3 blocks from where we're moving.  :)  Things are going smoothly!  

   Yeah, I know, breaktime is over.  Have a great Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the rain.  It has been so long since it rained here.  I hope all goes well for y'all and that his recuperation is fast.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh! Thank your for visiting and your kind comments. Reading about boxes and moving was a trip down memory lane. I still have unopened boxes in storage from our last move 5 years ago.
Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well... good shopping and brother on the mend!  All good!  I hope the moving continues to go well also!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your brother went through surgery ok. Hopefully you were careful lifting things to move to the new place. It won't do to have both you and your brother out of commision. (Hugs) Indigo