Monday, August 13, 2007

Good News and a Meme

    Things went well today.  I had a couple shifts with clients today, but in between I got some important things accomplished.  I located a storage unit for rent, reasonably priced, large enough for all that we can't use at the new place.  I called and discovered that a distant cousin of mine is the owner.  I haven't seen him since we were all children.  What a great surprise.  I hope to be in contact with his sister very soon.  One good thing down.  I called Bro to tell him about the storage unit, he said that if all goes well overnight, he may come home tomorrow.  The best day for that, work schedules are pretty open.  Another good thing down.  Then, I called the cable company.  The lovely operator said that they could disconnect the cable from one place and hook up at the other on Wednesday morning.  This also works well with my schedule.  At the rate we're going, I think  we'll be finished by Sunday, except for the snowmobile, boat, and trailer that will be stored at a neighbor's house, they have to wait till he gets back from vacation on Wednesday. 

   Now for the meme.  The Princesss did this one earlier today.  Use the alphabet to create 3 word statements about yourself.  They must alternately begin with I am-, then I like-.  X=ex

A. I am artistic. (sort of)

B. I like brownies. (fudge, of course)

C. I am caffeine-addicted.  (obviously)

D. I like dragonflies.

E. I am eccentric. (weird, too)

F. I like frozen-margaritas!

G. I am ( ) gardener. (a)

H. I like horses.

I. I am interesting.

J. I like jokes.

K. I am kind.

L. I like licorice.

M. I am middle-aged.

N. I like nighttime.

O. I am obstinate.

P. I like purple.

Q. I am quiet.

R. I like reading.

S. I like swimming!.

T. I am trouble.

U. I like U. (okay, this is harder than it looks!)

V. I am visible.

W. I like words.

X. I am excited.

Y. I like you! (HA, got that one right!)

Z. I am ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.   Sorry. :-)

   This was alot harder than I thought.  I miss my Thesaurus.  It's at the new place already.  And it's time to turn in. So.......  

Thanks for stopping by.     Leigh 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL  Yes, the thesaurus helped!  LOL  I hope your brother gets out tomorrow!  Yay!  And congrats on location a cousin!  Cool!  ANd, a storage unit!  And, things seem to be going well!  All good things!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Glad the move is going well......and Bro is doing better.
I know you will miss your old place. We have been here for almost 30 years.
I often think I want to move into town but I am really wondering how I will actually feel about leaving here (even though the houe drives me crazy).
I love your lists (I guess those are "memes" because the are all about "Me" (Hey I don't miss a thing! )They are fun to try.
I still have my Thesarus from 8th grade!
Good luck.,,have a good day.
have to go outside now and se if theer are any strange creatures wandering around!

                                Sunny

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so cool what you did. Any ways thank you so much for stopping by my journal :)

Kirstie

Anonymous said...

Everything seems to be falling into place! Loved the meme lets me get to know you even better. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I will tell you about my school because im going to a different school and i promise i will tell you about it ok

Kirstie