Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Thankful Thursday

    I've been struggling with my entry tonight.  Just not sure what to write about aside from my Thankful Thursday list.  I'm going to start with that and see what happens. 

I am Thankful for-the moderate weather we've had.  So many are dealing with excess heat, drought, flooding.  May you all stay safe.

My car's longevity.  She's over 14 years old and passed the milestone of 170,000 miles today.  I wonder what that would be in dog years?

My work.  I truly enjoy my job and the people I've met through the years. (All 3 years, so far.)  It's a career that makes me feel needed, I know I make a difference.

Music.  No, I'm not listening to any right now, that's not the norm.  For a large portion of my day though, it's there, in the background.  My companion.

My Mom's paintings.  We have 5 of them.  She wasn't able to share our lives, she died of cancer when I was 12.  But she shared her love in that small way, it remains to this day.

My even temper.  Without it, I would have creamed my brother several times over the past few days.  He's frustrated with being on the disabled list, wants to get everything done(his way), and not expressing himself very politely. ;p   Nuff said.

  If I don't finish this, it'll be tomorrow before I'm done.  And I need to go finish reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  I waited a long time to read these charming stories, but now I don't have to go through the torture of waiting for the next book to come out, it already has.  And the one after that, and the one after that, etc.....

    Thanks for stopping by,  Leigh

   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've found plenty of things to be thankful for.....nice thoughts and good memories.

My Jeep is 15 years old and still going strong. It runs like a tank. I wouldn't trade it for anything new or fancy. It needs a new top and it is bumpy, noisy, windy and hot.  All my friends hate riding in it, my husband won't drive it but I love it. You can't beat a reliable old car.

Have a good day..... keep bro in line.

                   Sunny

Anonymous said...

It truly does make a difference when you work somewhere that you enjoy. As for your Brother, Doc's been the same way this past week. He is getting ready for a huge weekend gig away from home. Everything and anything is out all over the place. Sigh...I promise I won't kill him yet. At least when all is said and done I'll have a 3 day weekend of peace and quiet. Wonderful thankful list dear heart! (Hugs) Indigo