Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thinking back...

    I've read several journal entries lately that mention the kids being back in school, or trying to fill the remaining days of summer with all that they can, while getting themselves organized and ready for their own first day.  That put the memorymobile into motion.  Trying times to say the least.  I always dreaded the homework that he brought home for Mom.  All those forms to fill out.  The same forms every year.  Can't you  just change the date?  All the information is the same except the year!  "And Mom?  I have to turn those in tomorrow!"  ::Heavy Sigh::  Okay.  ;(  

     My son is 22 now and lives in Cleveland.  He's been on his own for 3 years now.  When I decided to move back to Michigan from Ohio, I offered the opportunity for him to move up here with me.  He told me that although he was born in Michigan, Ohio was home to him, he was staying there.  I should definately go ahead and make the move, he'd be fine.  Okay, you're 19, have no idea what it's like to be on your own, how are you gonna do that?  Mom, I've got a good job, a car, friends and family here for me, I'll get an apartment and make plans to go to school like I planned.  Well, I was skeptical to say the least.  The child that drank out of a measuring cup rather than wash out a glass(which had to be clean for Each drink) was going to live on his own.  "This will be interesting, to say the least."  He has proved himself beyond a doubt.  I can't begin to express how proud I am of him.  He has gone through some very difficult times, job loss, car breakdowns,  a broken shoulder, and hasn't given up.  He's getting ready to start his second year at Cuyahoga Community College in the art program, graphic design.  Money is tight, work has to be scheduled around classes,  but my son is doing exactly what he said he wanted to do.  I have to say this again-SON, I am so very proud of you!   And (hehe) no more forms for Mom to fill out.

    Now, I am for the very first time attempting the Tuesday Twelve word association that Dawn at Carpe Diem, http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/  does.  Just read the word and answer with the first thing you think of.  Okay.  Here goes...

1. Bust-Vegas.  Never been there, but I can see those chips being taken away.

2. Kisses-Hershey's Dark.  In the pretty purple paper.

3. Elbow-Big scar. Bro got his stitches out today.

4. Snap-dragon. One of my favorite flowers.

5. Brush-hair.  I have 3 and can only find the one that belongs in my purse, right now. :(

6. Serve-tennis.  Nope never played, just what I thought of first.

7. Under-water.  I've been looking for some snorkeling gear for next summer.

8. Race-finish line.  They finally ran the NASCAR race at MIS.  It was rained out 2 days in a row.

9. Cream-Southern Butter Pecan, the flavor I'm trying this week.

10. Waffle-cone.  I've got Dairy Queen on my mind.

11. Flick-Horse tail.  I don't know why.

12. Beast-ie Boys.  Music on the brain tonite...

    Okay, that was fun.  It might prove just how off the wall my thinking processes really are.  What do you think?

    Now , a reference to #3.  Bro got his stitches out today, but uh-oh, he's covered in hives!  And very itchy! (hehehehehe)  Just a little allergic reaction to the antibiotic.   It's been changed and he thinks they'll just disappear when the old one is out of his system.  'Fraid not (hehehe) Bro, they'll be there for at least a week.  Don't scratch!  Actually, I feel sorry for him, and the doctor has some samples of  an anti-itch medicine for him. 

    Well, those are my thoughts for tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!    Leigh

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going back to school....no poignant memories for me.
We have no kids. Never did, never wanted any. The biggest thing it means for us is the kids aren't riding their ATVs up and down our road at breakneck speeds and we know to avoid the schools at 3:30 because of the insane traffic jams with Soccer Moms from Hell in their big SUVs with Sierrra Club stickers on the bumpers lined up to pick up their little darlings.
(We remembered that yesterday in a big hurry).

Hope you have a good day...
Hey.....Mike St Helen isn't so bad....He could be a lead Chippnedales dancer!
.
Yes please.....some cool nights would be welcome. Please send them FED EX.

                                     sunny

Anonymous said...

thaks for visiting my journal and leaving a comment. I'm happy to have a link to your journal as I had read some of it and have added you to my alerts. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Why Hello there Leigh ~ I would like to thank you for leaving me a link to your journal - I really enjoy your reads - Love your spirit and outlook on life! I am planning on returning with hopes to get to know you better as I have added you to my alerts. My father was born in Michigan and now we (my family along with my  Mom and Dad) moved to Ohio from Las Vegas! Thank you for your visit with hopes you will return from time to time! Hope your enjoying your day, Take care,
Katie
http://journals.aol.com/ktkamanski/HappyBeingMe/

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh
Welcome to J-land from the UK
Kerry
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kerryjayne39/kerrys-blog/

Anonymous said...

(Hugs) I needed to read this. My own daughter at 19 has gone off on her own to live with her bf. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she comes to her senses and puts herself back in college. She used to be such a bright , intelligent woman. Sigh...I still love her, she is just mucking up a lot these days. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I can see why you would be very proud of your son.  I hope someday I will have a son or daughter that will make me just as proud.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Tell your bro to take some benedryl too... especially at night, it works!  lol

I am so happy for your son!  That is great!

My uncle, who is in IN now, lived in Mentor, OH which was in Cuyahoga County I believe!  Small world!

be well,
Dawn