Friday, August 10, 2007

Ten things I did today!

    I was just going to write about my day in general, then remembered that Dawn had a meme about ten things I did today.  That way I can fly by( I don't want to kill them) two birds with one stone.  Sorry, I'm kinda tired. 

1. Got up about 6:15am.  I have trouble sleeping when it's daylight.

2. Made one very large pot of coffee.

3. I drank all that coffee, while online for a while.

4. I got dressed for a morning of moving boxes.  There's alot of them because they're small-easier for me to carry.

5. Loaded the car and the Explorer(Bro's vehicle) and delivered boxes to new place. 

6. Stopped at the grocery store and ran into my Aunt and Uncle.  Thy had found out through the local grapevine about Bro being in hosp.  I explained what was happening and apologized for not letting them know. 

7.  Home to shower and change for meeting with new homecare client.  It went well, the meeting, that is.

8. Went to hosp. to visit with Bro. He's doing better, was waiting for orthopedic doctor to come let him know the plan for his elbow.

9. Back to the grubbies and moving.  I got alot done today, but I'm running out of boxes. :( 

10. Spent the evening at home, loading more boxes for the morning, dinner, and catching up with some paperwork. 

   There.  That's the basic rundown, there was actually more.  Bro called tonite, his orthopedic surgeon has him scheduled for surgery at 8:30am.  This will take care of the elbow-after some physical therapy and about 6 weeks recuperation. 

   Potsey( my nephew) has softball regional tournaments tomorrow morning in Petoskey, so I'll have the house and stereo to myself tonite and in the morning.  I'll be able to get alot done-no interruptions-after getting home from hosp. for Bro's surgery.  Thanks for all your good wishes and prayers. 

                                                Leigh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good way to do an update and a meme, all in one... I hope you get a great night sleep and you get lots done tomorrow.  More prayers for your bro and good luck to Potsey!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Wow you had a busy morning. Lucky you made lots of coffee.
I know exactly what you mean about not being able to sleep once the sun comes up.
I am the same way. It doesn't matter if I fall asleep at 10:00 or 3:00 in the  morning., once it is light out I am up.  
Hope Bro is doing okay with his elbow.
Good luck moving . That is not fun. :-(
Check in with you later. Bye bye.  

Anonymous said...

I would be pleased as punch if I could generate a list such as this at the end of my day. Sometimes the list would consist of "make a list and lost it," "Spent an hour looking for my list" "Found a good book to read while looking for my list," "went online and read ournals for three hours... where did the time evaporate to?!"
Sounds like you are moving? Perhaps I am just projecting my own situation upon you as we are ever shifting boxes and seeking more.
Hope all goes well with Bro's surgery and his elbow is working up to expectations soon.
enjoy the day
Michael

http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/2007/08/10/summer-blizards--dissertation-dreams/1514

Anonymous said...

I would be pleased as punch if I could generate a list such as this at the end of my day. Sometimes the list would consist of "make a list and lost it," "Spent an hour looking for my list" "Found a good book to read while looking for my list," "went online and read ournals for three hours... where did the time evaporate to?!"
Sounds like you are moving? Perhaps I am just projecting my own situation upon you as we are ever shifting boxes and seeking more.
Hope all goes well with Bro's surgery and his elbow is working up to expectations soon.
enjoy the day
Michael

http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/2007/08/10/summer-blizards--dissertation-dreams/1514